« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Tebow Can HAVE My 3:16 If ...

1/10/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Tim Tebow

Before there was Tebow 3:16 in the NFL ... there was Austin 3:16 in the WWE ... and now the wrestling legend says he's willing to surrender his iconic numbers to the NFL star, pending one GIANT condition.

TMZ spoke with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin -- who tells us he watched Tebow's Mile High Miracle this weekend and was blown away when he learned Tim threw for exactly 316 yards in the playoff victory.

FYI -- the numbers have a special meaning with Stone Cold, who created the famous faux bible verse back in the '90s to humiliate his enemies -- "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!!!"

Now, Austin tells us, "Austin 3:16 still rules" ... but adds, "If Tebow can throw for 316 yards again this weekend then hell, he can have the numbers and I'll have no problem with it."

Austin continues, "A guy named John was using it before me ... so if Tebow can do it again, more power to him!"

"I wish him all the luck in the world," Austin says ... adding, "I'm not a Denver fan but Tim's a great role model for kids."

0109_tebow_tebowing_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mumra the Ever Living

Steve Austin is an idiot.

Delaware D

Who cares about all those starving children in Africa! GOD LOVES TIM TEBOW!!!

Eric

And that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so!

Dan

Tebow is 6ft 3in, 240 lbs, is 20 years younger than you, and is a real athlete, not a fake wrestler. He doesn't need your permission for anything.

Amy

Um, he does know that John 3:16 is an ACTUAL Bible verse....right?

w

TMZ explain why you use the word Faux?

Amy

They used faux because there is no AUSTIN 3:16 in the Bible. The verse is JOHN 3:16. So that's why his is faux. There is no Book of Austin in the Bible.

Gretel

All these in-your-face holier-than-thou Christians should remember the story of the Publican and the Pharisee they learned in their bible.

Gretel

There was a guy who used to go to the NFL games who wore a multicolored clown wig and held up a 3:16 sign years ago. BTW Andrew is right, you totally missed the "guy named John" comment.

C. Fox

I'm fairly certain John The Apostle gets first dibs.

christy

I am not interested in and know nothing about football:
HOWEVER, I find this interesting enough I want to watch
the game on Saturday. What time is it on??
Thanks

Roy

Stone Cold Steve Austin never took credit for 3:16. He clearly said he got it from the bible idiots. Tim Tebow is a garbage QB and will never be as cool a Stone Cold. Tim isn't that much of a role model either. I'm not telling my kids to grow up to become some douche that shoves his religious fanatic that shoves his beliefs down everybody throat.

Okay Really

John 3:16 is not a Faux Verse... In fact it is printed on the bags at Store "Forever 21" b/c of this.

And Austin is not authorized to Give Away, for it belongs to the Bible.

Joao

TMZ is just haters because he's decent and they're not.

ShrinkWrap

How nice of Steve. He is okay with Tebow using the numbers that he stole from the Bible. The old guy's grey matter is a little foggy from the steroids and stupidity.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments