« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin

Tebow Can HAVE My 3:16 If ...

1/10/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Stone Cold Steve Austin and Tim Tebow

Before there was Tebow 3:16 in the NFL ... there was Austin 3:16 in the WWE ... and now the wrestling legend says he's willing to surrender his iconic numbers to the NFL star, pending one GIANT condition.

TMZ spoke with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin -- who tells us he watched Tebow's Mile High Miracle this weekend and was blown away when he learned Tim threw for exactly 316 yards in the playoff victory.

FYI -- the numbers have a special meaning with Stone Cold, who created the famous faux bible verse back in the '90s to humiliate his enemies -- "Austin 3:16 says I just whooped your ass!!!"

Now, Austin tells us, "Austin 3:16 still rules" ... but adds, "If Tebow can throw for 316 yards again this weekend then hell, he can have the numbers and I'll have no problem with it."

Austin continues, "A guy named John was using it before me ... so if Tebow can do it again, more power to him!"

"I wish him all the luck in the world," Austin says ... adding, "I'm not a Denver fan but Tim's a great role model for kids."

0109_tebow_tebowing_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Jesse

man, some of you are really taking this way too seriously. Just like TMZ did when they posted it.

Cizzler

At least we know Steve Austin is a real person, unlike Jesus.

IslandRevolution868

WOW are people really this stupid, based on the comments I have to think so. Austin never claimed to own the numbers. as mentioned by another commenter he gave credit to "John" yeh read you idiots. or did you guys just see the headline and decided to comment. people playing holier than thou taking offense to the use of the numbers and it's meaning, and acting like idiots because of it. WWJD? rant in the comment section of the article i'm sure. sigh.

LG

...And that's the bottom line, cos STONE COLD SAID SO!

ravi korde

hi i m ravi korde, accordinng to myself stoncold is a real fighter and a honourable person in king of ring

USMCvet

Stone Cold is a known spouse beater. He is on his third wife and has substance abuse. Now, he propping up Tebow as a role model??? And we should listen and trust a WWE wrestler- turned-failed actor as well as an NFL player -- WHO HAS ACHIEVED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING???? Are you kidding me???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5