« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Haywire' Star Gina Carano

YES, My Voice Was Altered

1/12/2012 7:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0112_haywire_Large-audio-Launch
The Gina Carano vocal mystery is OFFICIALLY OVER -- because the rib-cracking MMA fighter has finally admitted that her voice WAS altered for her role in the movie "Haywire."

Carano appeared on a podcast for the "No Holds Barred" MMA blog yesterday ... when she explained why director Steven Soderbergh felt he needed to do some "altering and mixing" to her voice.

Long story short -- Carano says Soderbergh wanted people to believe that Gina and her character are "two completely different entities" ... and felt the vocal change would help.

Carano added, "I'm just honored to be a part of it ... there was a little joke that I was saying that even if [Soderbergh] would have shaved my head and put Bill Clinton as my voice, I would have still done it."

0112_haywire_Large-Video-Launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Truth

IN OTHER WORDS HER NORMAL VOICE SOUNDS TOO MUCH LIKE AN ACCENTED VALLEY CHIC. ANOTHER WAY FOR SODERBERGH TO SAY YOUR VOICE SOUNDS TOO GHETTO PROJECT LIKE... #TRUTH!!

Cravin Morehead

I don't get why anyone would think she's remotely hot.

anony

As long as the director talked it over with her and she's okay with it.

Phreaky

Why would anyone care about this? 90% of the songs on the radio have had "alterations" done in the form auto-tune. Dubbing an actress' voice with another voice has been around forever. This is just a ridiculous non-story.

Dan Frederiksen

it isn't altered, it's Laura San Giacomo (the sexy one from pretty woman :)

Jay W.

She would be fun...

Fabio Thompson

Translation: We finished making the movie and realized you were a bad actor the most we could do without re shooting the movie was re dubbing your voice with someone else's.

Seldombinlaid

She's very beautiful.

kronenburg

Too bad they couldn't alter her acting, too. She's horrific.

Jen

So next question....is the voice Linda Fiorentinos voice? Sounds like her...sexy.

Ty

This is stupid. Its like the director didnt know what to do anymore and just started messing with completely unnecessary sh*t. Lame.

Tammy

I wasn't planning to see this piece of crap anyway, but had I been, this would have killed that plan dead n the water.

len

Good God. Nearly 80% of all movie dialogue is ADR. Oh wait, she did a different accent? Wow, no one has EVER done that in the history of film! Why is this a story of any kind? Go do a story on House's Hugh Laurie. That guy totally alters his voice the TV Show. Its madness!

SLH

wow , what a thrilling piece of information

Maxwell Smart

It is always altered because her mouth is always full with my gooey ***

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments