Heather Locklear Hospitalized

For Rx Drugs and Alcohol

1/13/2012 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0112_heather_locklear_ex
update_bar
8:00 PM PT:
A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ, Heather was awake and responsive when she arrived today -- and she is currently responding well to treatment. According to the spokesperson, Heather is doing much better now and doctors are hopeful she will be released tomorrow.

We're also told Heather's parents are currently with the actress inside the hospital.

--------------------------------------

Heather Locklear
was taken to the hospital by ambulance Thursday afternoon after taking a dangerous mix of prescription drugs and alcohol ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned ... Locklear's sister called 911 at 2:05 PM PT fearing Heather was in danger.

The fire department, along with the Ventura County Sheriff's Department responded. Paramedics examined Heather and determined she needed to be hospitalized.

This is not the first time Locklear has had a medical emergency where 911 responded. In 2008, her doctor was concerned she may have overdosed on prescription meds. He called 911 and the operator described the situation as a "suicide attempt." It turned out to be a false alarm.

Locklear recently called off her engagement to Jack Wagner.

Heather was at the Lakers game Tuesday night ... hanging with a friend, who was playfully trying to take away her beverage. It's unclear if the drink contained alcohol.

Dorothy Moore

Save that beautiful Woman .. why what a shame wouldn't think she had a drinking problem so sorry .. help her

Mary

Hang in there Heather!! Pray for her people, no one deserves to have pain like that. The rest of you sick fks are going to hell

HELLRAISER

Wish you the best Heather.

JJ

PATHETIC OLD B I T C H , ACT YOUR AGE AND BE A GOOD PARENTAL ROLE MODEL FOR GOD SAKES YOUR IN YOUR LATE 40'S TO 50'S

Ernie

Heather, you are one of the most beautiful women alive, please don't do this to yourself, I wish I were about 40 years younger and I would chase you around. lol

Anonymous

I'll help my life-long love Heather Locklear with her drinking problem. To see Heather Locklear totally in the nude on purpose is my all-time #1 favorite way to see Heather Locklear. Heather Locklear better be ok. From George William Gockel

That explains it

It's possible Heather has had a problem since her Tommy Lee days; I think he was more of a partier than Ritchie Sambora. But I also think age and seeing her mortality look back at her from the mirror everyday probably has something to do with this. She and I are about the same age, and I know it's no fun getting old, but she needs to realize that there are men out there who will still find her attractive; it's not all about what's on the outside. She always seemed to be a nice woman in interviews, she needs to see that beautiful woman that other people see. I wish her luck in overcoming this problem; keep Ava in mind Heather, she needs you.

bka62223

Ya know what???? Heather is an " every girl ". She just likes to have fun and sometimes she over does it a bit. I think she's every bit as cool as she is hot. Party safe hon... I'll bet you're a blast to be around!!!

Gary Tucker

I was a member of the team, led by Joan Green, at the Wilhelmina Agency that found Heather in 1980. Heather was a great gal and came to us via a weekly open casting session. We really hit gold with her. Sorry to hear of any current problems. Best wishes Heather!

Barbara A.

Such a beautiful lady and such a train wreck. Who's taking care of her daughter, maybe it's time for Richie to step up. I hope she gets it together for the sake of her daughter.

Kàt

Time for Lindsy Lohan to give Heather a 'wake up' call

Marc

Looks like she is having a Tommy Lee flashback

DucNut

I smell a Dr. Drew Celebrity Rehab for washed up actors and wannabees as her next gig......

dolphin

I hope she gets the help she needs. Looks like she's in trouble if she doesn't. Pills AND alcohol...yikes Probably started by getting involved with someone in the music biz.

ummm?!

She looks like a drunken lu***** the Lakers game.