Daniel Radcliffe

Lana Del Rey Wasn't THAT Bad

on 'Saturday Night Live'

1/17/2012 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116-daniel_lana_BN_01
Daniel Radcliffe is coming to the defense of the singer he introduced on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend ... sorta.

Radcliffe was at the Bafta nominations ... when he was asked about Lana Del Rey -- who's been TRASHED by music critics and people with ears alike who suffered through her baffling performance on the show (below).

Radcliffe responded, "It was unfortunate that people seemed to turn on her so quickly."

He added, "I also think people are making it about things other than the performance. If you read what people are saying about her online, it's all about her past and her family and stuff that's nobody else's business."

Radcliffe concluded, "I don't think it warranted anywhere near that reaction."

VANESSA

I hear people singing KARAOKE song, and they sound a hell of alot better then. Lady give it up u suck!!!!

Brian

She was truly bad. I even one time fast forwarded a bit to see if it was just the song that sucked, but she was still bad. Bad, bad, bad.

Mumra the Ever Living

I didn't see the show, but both songs are on YouTube, and I can truly say - Yes They Were That Bad!!
Her entire career is two internet "hits"? I don't think she'll be dropping an album anytime soon. She will however be dropping another basket of fries into the grease at any moment.

Seriously wtf

I don't get the criticism. She did fine to me - I enjoyed it. Perhaps my taste just sucks.

Franko

Ellen Feiss is that you??!!

thestupid

It was better than any hip hop ive heard on the show

SWILSON

WHY WAS THE ADVERTISEMENT IN SPANISH???????

SWILSON

WHY IS THE ADVERTISEMENT IN SPANISH???????

Carl

I was watching that and I remember thinking "who is that and who though she was talented enough to warrant the singing spot on SNL this week?" As far as Daniel goes, he's being diplomatic. You don't last long in any career, especially showbiz, if you go around trashing people all the time.

Joe

If this was American Idol or XFactor, she wouldn't have made it past the initial tryouts.

However, she probably passed the backstage casting couch tryouts, and thus, "sucking" is actually the goal..

bobinator

I didn't like her. Her singing was unpleasant and the song was terrible. Actually, I turned the show off after her first song. Rebecca Black's 'Friday' was better...LOL ...
I'm sorry, but SNL isn't that funny. Some nights there will be a skit that's good, but ....well, it's not enough to make me want to watch it. Seth's weekend update is generally amusing.

Seanagel

She is talented, she is artistic, she is beautiful, she is unique, she is young, and she is going to be a huge success. The performance on SNL was'nt 100%, but it was a one off. She can and has done better. Go put your critiques in context and watch her live performances and videos on you tube. It may soften your judgements.Peace & <3 to u LDR.

MrR

I think she did a nice job.

Faux

She wasn't as bad as Jay Pharoah.

Uncle Rufus

"Suffered" through? "Baffling"? Hey, the song is SUPPOSED to sound that way! A song of COMPLETE and utter collapse. I think she did GREAT! And NO, I'm NOT the Pres. of the "Lana Del Rey" fan club. Only thing baffling & suffered, was this BIASED, JEALOUS & SIMPLE MINDED STORY!