Widow of Flight 93 Hero:

Wahlberg's 9/11 Comments

Were VERY Disrespectful

1/18/2012 10:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_mark_wahlberg_ex_tmz
Mark Wahlberg
's claim that he would've been able to single-handedly over-power the 9/11 terrorists and prevent a plane from crashing is completely "disrespectful" ... so says the widow of one of the REAL heroic victims who RUSHED THE COCKPIT on that fateful day.

TMZ spoke with Deena Burnett-Bailey -- whose husband Thomas Burnett phoned her from that fateful flight saying, "I know we're going to die. There's three of us who are going to do something about it."

0118_tom_burnett_sub
Burnett-Bailey tells us, "Does Mark Wahlberg have a pilot's license? Then I think hindsight is 20/20 and it's insignificant to say what you would have done if you weren't there. "

She adds, "The plan for Flight 93 was foiled by heroes. For him to speculate that his presence on board could have stopped everything is silly and disrespectful.  Sounds like someone is grandstanding."

We called Wahlberg for comment -- so far, no word back.

Katie

As much I as I like Mark as an actor, I thought his comments were pretty insensitive and he should have kept them to himself. Think whatever you want about your and think you would have been a hero, but come on, those comments were bound to anger those that lost loved ones that day.

Robert

Mark Walberg your a REAL dushbag!!! what a way to honor the real hero's!! you can count on me NEVER going to see another one of your movies!!!!!!

Tammy

So 4 people trying to fight the terrorists, instead of the 3 her husband alledgely mentioned, would've been a bad thing? Okay.

URSilly

I am sorry this woman is hurting or found it hurtful or may have taken it differently then he probably meant. I am sorry she lost her husband and it is so heroic of her husband to do what he did and try to confront these monsters that day.

I mean no disrespect in saying this, but I wonder if she has ever impulsively responded or replied to someone without thinking before speaking. He is human, as is she and we all as humans, sometimes insert our foot into our mouth and our responses can come across insensitive to others.

I do not believe anyone would intentionally or maliciously make fun of that day in any way or minimize what others went through or continue to go through after losing loved ones from that horrific and traumatic day.

Ozzie X

And his acting has no depth.

Ace

Wahlberg thinks because he can play "Flight Simulator" on his computer he can fly a real plane.

moso

As much as I like Mark, he's being ignorant for say crap like that. Only in the movies can someone jump into the pilots chair and actually land a plane. Unless they teach you that on the set of some movie.. The pilots were dead at that point and the plane was probably going at a high speed like the other ones, there would have been no way to save it. My husband is a pilot for United and we knew both of the pilots that died crashing into the towers. No one knows for sure what happened but leave it to Mark to save the day! NOT....

deteecher

**shakes head** Celebrities and their egos.

pattycake

Yeah, we get it. You're a real tough guy. Blah, blah, blah.
Thanks for making the families of the people on those planes feel like crap. They're trying to get on with their lives and now they have to comment on remarks by idiots like you.

stef

Oh, Mark Wahlberg. You're now a douchbag in my book. This upsets me, I used to like you. Fix this please before 'Boardwalk Empire' starts again next season. I don't want to have to boycott it because of this although I'm still not quite over you killing of Jimmy.

ava

Speculation from Mr. Dirt Bag who "single-handedly" took someone down. He was solely responsible for blinding some innocent guy who lost his eye when being robbed and viciously beaten' by this classless s***. (See his 60 minutes interview.) Wahlberg is talentless trash with a smirk attitude. He reminds me of someone who fights his inner demons and never wins.

TMZ - ThatThingYourMamaWarnedYouAbout

THIS PLANE WAS SHOT DOWN BY MILITARY F-16 FIGHTER JETS!!!!!

WENDY

Marky Mark, and his Funky Bunch........save the day??

Get over yourself, you self-centered, disrespectful - a s s bag!!

FlamingoNut

Great, some macho "I would've kicked their asses" nonsense. I'm sure everyone on that plane wanted to kick those terrorists asses, but when you're dealing with psychopaths, things just don't go your way.

Tracy

He should be completely embarrassed by his ego. What a selfish, selfish, selfish thing to say. Because other parents on those flights didn't want to protect their kids? Wow. That's all I can say.