Al Green

Obama 'NAILED' My Song

1/20/2012 10:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Al Green
Al Green just told TMZ ... he thinks President Barack Obama's version of "Let's Stay Together" was "terrific" and, "He nailed it."

Green, of course, is referring to Obama singing part of the first verse of the song last night at the Apollo Theater in Harlem.

Green said, "I was thrilled that the President even mentioned my name, and if the President can get the economy going again and get everything going that he wants to, then we'll all be together."

Politics aside, Obama's singing is pretty awesome.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Yamiguru

Obama is trying every gimmick he can to win over the American public for re-election. Politics disgusts me.

LAWRENCE

The only thing that Obama has nailed is the American people right in the behind. You could throw a dart at a map of the United States and whatever house it lands on you could find a more competent leader. Just go back to Hawaill or the golf course and please take your amazon wife with you.

Jane

President Obama had such a pleasant tone to his voice. I was surprised.

I loved seeing Al Green's name trend on twitter and for a positive reason! I hope this brings new attention to Al's catalog and "Let's Stay Together"! It doesn't get better than Al!

Sue

He sucks period.

pimpc

Obama??? F that MF'er!!!

Jane

Of course all the sour grapes have to chime in with a bunch of negative comments. The man can't even have a bit of fun....

the most miserable ppl post on TMZ.

His Prince Michael

Does the "Singing Pharaoh" take requests?
"Too much, Too Little, TOO LATE"

(FORMER Al Green fan)

Psalm2_012 is NOW, The Most Blessed Christ King YESHUA, reigns!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I was singing Al Green yesterday!

Love and Happiness!!

Here for Rihanna

@Linda you are a thoughtless little P...I...G.. how dare you? Grizelda what type of name is that. Sounds like the name of a dumb Coconut!

fred

I thought Teleprompters weren't allowed on American Idol.

brandon

the cool guy president. maybe if he sings enough all the chris brown lovers and hipsters will rock the vote and win again. great... what a joke as a pres . of course liberal al green will praise him... bull****

caligirl209

when is he going to realize this isn't a joke. I can't wait until he is gone!!!!!!!!!

Woot

I loved it, too! I was so shocked to learn the man had such an amazing singing voice. Michelle must be tickled. ;o)

I LOVE this President and he's certainly got my vote this year!

Alex

He can actually carry a tune. How about Karaoke night at the White House? Here's fun election app for iPhone and iPad to try. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/election-run/id492121156?mt=8

LoudMouth

Pretty awesome? He's as genuine as a $3 bill.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments