Robin Thicke

I'd Love to Do a Duet

with President Obama!

1/21/2012 5:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0121_robin_thicke
Count Robin Thicke among those who think President Barack Obama killed it when he sung Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" ... in fact, Robin told our photog last night he'd jump at the chance to sing alongside the Prez.

Obama dropped a few notes of the classic song (see below) during an event Thursday night. TMZ spoke with Al Green, who was in attendance, and he called Obama's singing "terrific."

Al Sharpton took it a step further yesterday, when he told our photog he thought Barack's singing would be good for re-election.

Maybe Al could be his running mate.

viewer

This version, with the music behind him is cool:

JJ

Robin Thicke is a JERK OFF looking to get PR off of another 30 second PR stunt.
WHERE'S THE real NEWS HERE???

sem

After this January Barry will have the time to persue any new career he wants. He can yodel for all I care.

stinky mcgee

I thought the lyrics were, "I'm So In Love With Me..."

fwbrad

He didn't even sing. What the hell is everyone talking about. He might be the president, but who cares.
Shut up and go back to Chicago ya thug.

Asessina

Wait for it he'll be singing "La Macarena" soon. I want my Pres to sing we are keeping prices down and kickin a@@.

reita collins

You all should be commending the President for taking time out from stalemated GOP B.S. to sing you that song.You selfish 1%ters are a bunch of ingrates!

Alice Jamison

You rock, Rev Al & Prez Obama.

UPYOURS

Just as stupid as his father.

Asessina

I dont ever remember waiting for Bush to sing or play an instrument. God Bless yeah but I didnt want him to entertain me. For that I have THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. I wanted President Bush to do a President's job and He did by God.
I guess by now you know I dont do politically correct.

Ih8Taxes

So that's what it means to be POTUS? Hell, why don't we just elect the winner of American Idol. The Chinese must be laughing at us. I guess it's time to learn how to speak Mandarin.

Brittany

There's only one small problem with Obama's singing this song!! And that is that it is a very very easy song to sing even for someone who can't sing at all (like ME)! If anyone knows anything about singing the key that this song is sung in is one that most people can do with no problem and make it sound good. It 's not a difficult song to sing pr anyone and still make it sound good especially the few words Osama sang

Bubbles The Chimp

Umm.. Robin... Those who can not sing, sing falsetto.

logan

he needs to get voted out. Jimmy Carter was better

joecrabs

Why the hell would the dad from Growing Pains sing a song with Obama?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments