« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives'

Gunning to Snag Vanessa Bryant

1/23/2012 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Basketball Wives wants Vanessa Bryant
Vanessa Bryant
has become the Holy Grail for "Basketball Wives" producers ... and TMZ has learned, the people behind the VH1 show are prepping to make her an offer she can't refuse.

Multiple sources close to the production tell us, producers are putting together "an extremely lucrative pitch for Vanessa" ... for her to become a recurring character.

As one source put it, “Vanessa has more than enough storyline and would bring the show to another level.”

As for the timing -- we're told producers never dreamed of approaching Vanessa while she was married to Kobe ... and our sources say Vanessa would NOT have been receptive.

Budget constraints were also an issue when the show was in its infant stages -- because producers knew Vanessa would be very expensive -- but now that BW's one of the highest rated shows on the network, producers have lots more to spend on talent.

If Vanessa accepts, we're told producers would instantly make her a LEAD on the LA edition of the show.

0123_bball_foote

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I am Spartacus

The show is called Basketball Wives yet none of them are married to NBA players, they're all EX-wives. Nobody cares about the ho's NBA players are banging. Why would i care about Vanessa Bryant? She's no longer relevant now that she's divorcing Kobe. She's just another gold-digging whore who stayed as long as she did to collect more money.

Chase

HA! I would actually watch if this h0 was on there!!

Bill

These "Wives" shows kill me. I stopped watching them a long time ago because they have so ridiculous. Supposed trying to sign Kobe's soon to be ex is a perfect example. She is about NOT to be professional basketball player's wife. Does anyone else see how absurd this is? And as far as the other similar shows go, on most of them the non-wives usually outnumbert he wives by a considerable margin. in fact, when one of the group is actually married (not divorced, separated, or just living with their boyfriend), she really stands out as being outside the norm.

Sammy

I just watched the clip with those hoodlum chicks going after each other. Vanessa should totally do this show!

She could attack her housekeeper, a Jimmy Choo employee, the drycleaner, the pool guy, and the little old ladies in line at the post office. I'd love to see her throwing a fit because the maid washed her jeans and they "shrunk". They didn't shrink hunnie...You're a fat azz!

Shiat..I'd watch that!

MsRita

She will be the Star of Basketball Wive Los Angeles. Move over girl We got a wife from a well Laker.

GO NESSA LET THE HATERS HATE.

tellmeaboutit

It's one of the "highest rated shows on the network"?? Boy, is that a sad statement on society.

Danni111972

Um... I highly doubt if Bravo can compare with 75 million! 76 million would be the only offer she couldn't refuse. The Bitch is PAID doesn't need them.

weedee

they're divorcing, sigh....no prenup...kobe thats y your parents wasnt around for your wedding or the births of their grandchildren, cause you dont want to listen to reason..you dont go get a high schooler and wait til she get a lil older so you can marry her(without a prenup) think with your head and not your HEAD..I BET YOU WILL LITEN NEXT TIME!! VANESSA ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU GOT ONE UP ON HIM..LUCK YOU!! ..ALL THESE WIVES AND GIRL FRIENDS THAT COME INTO INSTANT MONEY...WISH IT WAS ME!!

paula

gosh when iwas channeling thru and basketball wives are on i am appalled how disrepectful and mean these women are. what a ugly show for black women. it is shameful if this is really the way these women act no wonder they are divorced, the whole idea is ridiculous because most of these women are not married to basketball players. the nba must be appalled that basketball wives are so violent and uncaring human beings. i am insulted as a women that this is the way they are being presented. i socially was very active and never did my friends or myself behave the way these women do. i do not agree that women need to lower their values to have a tv show. if this is really who they are then the ncaap should being critical of the way they are depicting black women. these women should be ashamed of themselves.

diane wooods

Vanessa, please don't do it.

Evelyn

Your right EMB. Are any of them married?

lj

I really hope she has enough money and class to avoid this offer

KAREN

GOOD FOR YOU JENNIFER!!! I LOVE IT!! YOU ARE TRULY A LADY!! THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY TO HANDLE LOW CLASS INGRATES LIKE EVELYN AND HER COHORTS!! I KNOW YOU'RE ABOVE FIGHTING: I STILL WOULD ENJOY WATCHING SOMEONE KICK EVELYNS FAT ASS!!!

J'9

Why would she appear on a show like this? WHY?! She WILL not be a wife anymore, I do realize that is a prerequisite, but she could get her own show...Maybe titled "Life after Koby"...a LaLa Anthony type show, this is total bullshish

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3