Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Tom Brokaw

Dear Demi Moore, you are old news. and you are old, Shawn McQuaid says hi and bye ;)

patty

wow - that explains a lot, inlcuding her weight loss -

KellyD.

No kidding.... it was only a matter of time. Hope she can pull it together.

Theresa

She will never be young again or get Ass-ton back...
Blah, Blah, Blah. Yawn !!!

Ingrid

Um, she is too old for that ****.

Rogue Warrior

This svks!!!! She and Heather need to come to my rehab!!!! I'll guard their bodies and give them a great place to sit while we talk about all their problems. After a month with me, both would forgot they ever had any problems!!!!!!!!!

moussemaker

She and Heather Locklear cannot handle the aging process. They are no longer pretty young things and do not get offered good work.

Robert

It's funny you ****ing morons will now make fun of Demi and call her trash but if you or a family member were in this situation you would be CRYING...my god think before you act you little TMZ retards

Phreaky

Lol @ exhaustion. Really PR spin people - you are going to go with exhaustion when a 911 call was made? Do you really think everyone is an absolute idiot?
Grow a pair of balls and just say she is seeking treatment and there will be no further comment, PERIOD.
Publicists are the biggest a$$hats on the planet. Openly, blatant lies in a public announcement.

Redskin_Chick

wow! I wish her well.

nachomama

just don't try to blame ashton for this

ratched

I wish her well.

KicksandGiggles

Exhaustion and stress from what? What if these celebs had to face REAL life stress like the rest of us? And over a freaking man of all things?! With her $, youth, & decent health, I GUARANTEE I could find a way to live life.

Kari

I hope they can help her, and I wish her well.

SpeakTheWord