'Lost in Space' Robot

Actor Dead at 85

1/24/2012 5:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dick TufeldThe man who voiced the robot from "Lost in Space" back in the 60s has died.

Dick Tufeld died peacefully at an L.A. area hospital -- this according to Dick's "Lost in Space" co-star Bill Mumy.

According to Mumy, Tufeld -- a cancer survivor -- suffered from Parkinson's disease. He was 85 years old.

Mumy tells us, "Everything just caught up to him" -- adding, "He lost his wife a few years ago and lost his pep after that."

Funeral plans are already in place.

Seldombinlaid

God Bless, and Rest in Peace Mr Tufeld.

Fan

RIP, Mr. Tufeld.

We salute you... A star who lived life without public controversy. You are immortal through your work.

Hollyweird, please learn a lesson from this noble man!

croc

gee, he doesnt look that old!
nice pic tmz, real nice.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

"I see the white light. Danger Will Robinson. Danger...wait, no...miscalculation. This is rather nice, Will Robinson. I see Robots I haven't seen since the 60's, and never ending supply of motor oil...ah, heaven."

CLINT

Had a dream about a year ago with that robot in it. I could here his voice clearley in my head. I was at some kind of convention. What a fun dream it was. RIP Tufeld.
"Danger Will Robinson!"

anony

"Warning! Warning! Will Robinson!"

2idiots

LOVED LOVED LOVED this show as a kid! Wish they'd bring back THIS type of TV Show instead of the trash we have now!
DANGER WILL ROBINSON, THATS A FAME-WHORE FROM PLANET KARDASHIAN

Matt Wright

Your brief article gives the mistaken impression that **** Tufeld died sad and alone. While he struggled with his health and would have loved being able to continue doing what he did so well, he was surrounded always by family, friends, colleagues, and fans who gained immensely from his generosity, warmth and keen intelligence. He was a mensch from first to last.

hihat

Bwoo hoo hoo hoo... :<{

John Garry

"Onward" Mr Tufeld, you've earned your rest. Thank you for being a voiceover hero, mentor & friend.

Cheryl A.

I was a small child when this program was on and never thought about the voice. I am sorry to hear of the passing of the fine gentleman who played the voice that I can still hear in my head. Rest in Peace, Sir.

bobobama

Well there goes the long-delayed, behind-the-scenes "tell-all" book about the purported love-triangle between dr.smith + the robot + and the flying jetpack!! "lost in space" ?.. more like: "lost my inhibitions" !!......

bobobama

Jason

He actually died peacefully at his Studio City home.

Jason

He actually died peacefully at his Studio City home.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments