Simon Cowell

I'm Not Finished

with Paula Abdul

1/31/2012 12:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0131_simon_cowell_tmz2_BN
Simon Cowell
says he's still close with Paula Abdul -- even though he just fired her ass -- and plans to work with her again in the very near future.

Cowell just released a statement about the bloodbath at "X Factor" ... saying, "I want to say a massive thank you to Paula, Nicole and Steve for being part of the 'X Factor' last year."

He added, "You do develop friendships with the people you work with and Paula, in particular, is a very close friend and I expect to be working with her on another project in the near future."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Paula Gordon

Simon Cowell should try using ordinary people like me as a judge. Give the little person a shoot!

jkiel

I didn't much care for the X Factor because I found it difficult to committ to the process and development of the contestants. A little trying having so many age ranges competing in the same competition.

Barb

I thought Simon had a good bullsh*t meter. Apparently not. Paula will use him until he drops dead. Then she will expect to be named in the Will.

Sonia Black

No Paula, no watch. Only two massively egocentric men would believe that watching two massively egocentric men is good television. I especially love how these men think they are not part of the problem from last season. Actually, their being so full of themselves is pretty funny but only as a quick bit then it's extremely tiresome. The producers couldn't possibly have seen any of Mariah Carey's movies or watched her host or even just accept an award. If Mariah's not singing, no one is watching. And if they thought Nicole was a diva, I can hardly wait until Mariah puts them through their paces. Of course that won't be televised probably because it actually would be interesting. They are moving from buh-bye Nicole (long overdue)to buh-bye entire show. Wow.

ALICE

Simon, Why would you fire these three. You are an ass, because they all, especially Paula, make you look good. They have personalities that play off of yours and really work on the show. WTF

M.M.M.

I've lost all respect for Simon Cowell after that conniving move firing Paula. And he wasn't even man enough to tell her himself, he got his lawyer to call her. Simon is a money hungry vulture. He's got a load of money already in the bank and he fires his good friend to try and put another load in his account. Bye Bye Xfactor, you sure won't be getting my view ever again.

luna

Seems to me she'd be better off if she was finished with him. With friends like that, who needs enemies.

Matt

Well, Paula might not have appreciated your actions, Simon, so I am not too sure there WILL be another project with you but hey, who knows, if you PAY her enough.... gas grill

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5