'Girls Gone Wild' Creator

Madonna ... You Sing that Song

And I'll Sue!!!

2/3/2012 12:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Francis legal documents
Joe Francis
-- the mastermind behind "Girls Gone Wild" -- is sending Madonna a cease and desist letter, threatening that he'll take legal action if she sings the song from her new album -- titled "Girls Gone Wild" -- at the Super Bowl.

TMZ has obtained the letter that Francis has sent to Madonna and her "co-conspirators."  Francis' lawyer threatens to sue all of them for attempting to get a "free ride on the valuable consumer goodwill and brand recognition" of Joe's famous trademark.

Francis' lawyer makes it clear:  "Your misappropriation of my clients' trademark will not be tolerated."

But Francis is willing to cut a deal with Madonna, provided she agrees to the following terms:

-- Negotiate an immediate licensing agreement for the use of Joe's trademark
-- Account for the number of times Madonna has already used the trademark
-- NOT PERFORM THE SONG AT THE SUPER BOWL

Joe thinks NBC and the NFL are conspiring with Madonna, so the letter went to them as well.

Joe's lawyer is demanding a response by 5 PM PT today ... or else.

0203_half_time_footer

John_Dunkel

I think this lawsuit is legit since when people google Girls Gone Wild Madonna's Song might show up on top instead of Girls Gone Wild.

Principe Johnny

who the **** does this sleaze-ball think he is?
he's obviously trying to get some exposure w/this law-suit bullsh!t.
seriously go back & crawl under your *****ing rock, you nasty unemployed *****tard - get a real job!
haters go ***** yourselves! you know for disliking Madonna you no-life bums seem to dedicate more time on her by commenting & talking about her, keep it up u trolls.

rob

give this some thought. if madonna sings it (it) would only be GOOD for him. I can't figure in my wildest imagination how he doesn't see that. Ummm...the whole planet seeing a phrase you use for your crap videos = no brainer.

TickleMeDoeFace

This story has no merit! Song titles are not copyrighted. It would only be copyright infringement if the lyrics were about his company. There are many songs named 'Girls Gone Wild'! He can't prevent her from singing or naming her song.

HAHA

You people are suckers, this is nothing more than a ruse for the push for SOPA/PIPA type bills regarding copyright....Suckers.

Shannon

What a freaking moron! He does not own the right to name Girls Gone wild just the movies and dvds if i was Madonna i would tell him to f*ck off and sing it anyways

hijolo

Girls Gone Wild is actually a song by Captain Ahab (you may have heard it in an episode of The office). They are the ones who should be suing her :-) lol

Samantha S

While he's at it, why not sue Travis Tritt, T. Mills, Ludacris and Baby Bash who all have songs named "Girls Gone Wild."

Criss

That creep truly sickens me. I wish he would just go away. Every time I see him it makes my skin crawl.

JDUB

I think I might have manifested scabies just from reading this article about the two most worthless human beings on the planet. I remember listing to Madonna when I had a Sony Walkman - do any of you kids out there even know what that is?

buckee71

this guy is a dumbass!!!!

tellmeaboutit

He's a disgusting pig. Rock on, Madonna!!

Steinberg

This will not hold in court. Although he may have trademarked the phrase "Girls Gone Wild", it only pertains to a title to a film, not music.

Go ahead Madonna, he won't win.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

I can't stand either of them but Joe Francis is the worst of the two.
My favorite thing about Joe Francis though is that some comedy genius broke into his house back in '04 and forced him to perform homosexual acts while he videotaped it. Dude made Francis use a fake wang on himself. LOL. Comedy gold. No bigger douche has deserved it more.

Bill Leslie

please - there are 60+ songs registered at ASCAP and 53 at BMI - Joe is just a publicity h0