Dr. Conrad Murray

Jailmates with Michael Jackson's

Ex Brother-in-Law

2/6/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0203_james_debarge_conrad_murray_EX
There are nearly 4,000 inmates at L.A. County Men's Jail, so imagine the coincidence that Dr. Conrad Murray is in a cell just feet away from Michael Jackson's former brother-in-law.

James DeBarge -- Janet Jackson's ex-husband -- is locked up after being arrested for assault with a deadly weapon and drug charges. DeBarge -- who was the lead singer of the wildly popular band, DeBarge -- has been placed in Administrative Segregation -- the place where famous inmates with security issues are housed.

Murray has been calling the Ad Segregation unit home since his conviction on manslaughter charges last November.

We're told they occasionally run into each other, most recently last Monday when they were each meeting with their respective lawyers in the visiting room.

DeBarge's lawyer, Spencer Vodnoy, tells TMZ ... the singer is "really upset" he's so close to Murray. DeBarge says even though he was married to Janet for less than a year back in '84, he thought of Michael as a brother.

Eleonora49

Its raining Butterflies from my heart.I saw your loving sweet Tears in my eyes. Dont understand why I love you with all my life with all my heart. Butterflies raining from the Sky tears of love Kissing from your Soul. Time went too fast by wish I could make it turn back to the moment in Time when you and I saw the Butterflis and happy dreams like bubbles in the Sky.Now Its raining Butterflies from my Heart.Trying to understand the meaning of love in Time. Just can't say Goodbye. Its Raining Butterflis from the Sky............Eleonora Illig

Yolanda

James was NOT the lead singer of DeBarge. El DeBarge was the lead in the group.

LASHAY

CRAZY....

myopinion

WOW!!!! you never know who is going to come in your path.

tellmeaboutit

So what? DeBarge is hardly an upstanding citizen. Assault with a deadly weapon and drug charges?? He's a POS himself. Famous? I wouldn't know him if he passed me on the street. His band is defunct and so is his short marriage. Ex-brother in law - big deal. Do your time and mind your own business.

elpablo

"Really upset." Probably like all the little boys that MJ molested, then had to watch him get away with it.

bunny

He may have some serious drug issues but Debarge wants nothing to do with Michael's murderer.

LadyD

Thank you, Phantom for your amazing postings of Michael. Loved them. His visionary artistic gifts will continue to be used in the futuristic blueprints of creativity. He gave so much to the world.

What I Think

Sunlight falls behind the crying building
Moonlight falls upon the dog laying on the ground
Misty nights signal days I can't remember
The days signal nights I can't forget.

Look at me. Look at me. I write gibberish...Therefore I am a poet.

jeanette

El DeBarge was the lead singer not James.

jeanette