Nick Carter

Nobody Told Me About

My Sister's Funeral

2/6/2012 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206_nick_carter_ex
Nick Carter
tells TMZ ... he WANTED to attend his sister's funeral in NY this weekend, but his own family made it impossible for him to be there.

25-year-old Leslie Carter was laid to rest at a small ceremony in Upstate New York this weekend after a suspected prescription drug overdose. Several family members were present at the funeral, including Aaron Carter, but Nick was not.

Nick -- who was on the road performing at a concert at the time of the ceremony -- tells TMZ, “I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic."

Nick would not get specific about the circumstances ... but sources close to the singer tell TMZ ... he feels family members went out of their way to make sure he was not included.

Nick adds, "There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused.”

update_bar
1:25 PM PT: We called Nick's sister Ginger Carter for comment -- she replied, "That's not true," and immediately hung up on us.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

Rana

That is certainly something I do not understand. Why would his own parents make it hard for him to attend his "Sister's" funeral! That is sick and shameful.
Espcially that Nick Carter is known for being a good person recently. According to his biography on https://www.katagogi.com/mid40290, he states that:
"I am really excited to have an opportunity to help protect the coral reefs which have given me such personal pleasure all my life. I hope to educate fans and viewers on how we call all make a difference towards saving our environment.''

Bee

I thought it was sad that Nick did not attend his sister's funeral. He is taking time off atm to mourn her. Anyone who is familiar with Nick and his family for the last oh 15 years or so through bsb , house of carters...etcs knows that their family is dysfunctional not just a little bit ..big time. Their parents screwed them up by pushing them all into show business way too young. They started with Nick .. then Aaron at the age of 8-10 was touring with nick and bsb...Way too young. Nick would have been doing coke at that time... and he was around his little brother...then years later Aaron ends up in rehab. Most of them are estranged from their mother due to her stealing their money. Can u imagine growing up like this? I cannot I think if I did I would lose my mind... no doubt Leslie was under alot of pressure, stress etc from family and the entertainment world So she turned to drugs to cope. It is very sad. I think people should stop Judging the family , they have enough to deal with and they all know themselves where the blame lies. So give Nick a break . AS for his family not telling him .. that's so stupid and immature get over yourselves for a couple hours and do what your loved one would have wanted. Too bad people have to act like babies instead of doing the right thing.

Coach

What an ass. He told People he knew about it but couldn't make it because he was on tour but he was dedicating the rest of their tour to her. LOL That's like dedicating a used condom to an abortion!

Patricia