Nick Carter

Nobody Told Me About

My Sister's Funeral

2/6/2012 1:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206_nick_carter_ex
Nick Carter
tells TMZ ... he WANTED to attend his sister's funeral in NY this weekend, but his own family made it impossible for him to be there.

25-year-old Leslie Carter was laid to rest at a small ceremony in Upstate New York this weekend after a suspected prescription drug overdose. Several family members were present at the funeral, including Aaron Carter, but Nick was not.

Nick -- who was on the road performing at a concert at the time of the ceremony -- tells TMZ, “I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic."

Nick would not get specific about the circumstances ... but sources close to the singer tell TMZ ... he feels family members went out of their way to make sure he was not included.

Nick adds, "There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused.”

update_bar
1:25 PM PT: We called Nick's sister Ginger Carter for comment -- she replied, "That's not true," and immediately hung up on us.

Nick J

Nick has become a monster

Nick J

a heartless monster

lookItsMegRyan

You just never know when a funeral might be. Well, besides shortly after death.

whateverhomewrecker

Nick new his sister died and most funerals are held within about 3 days of death. He should of made it a point to find out about her funeral. Alot of familys don't get along but you can put up with it for a few hours to honor your sisters life. It doesn't take alot of effort to find out about services. He will have the rest of his life to think about that.

Gerri

News flash! HEY MILLIONAIRE NICK, FAMILY IS WORTH MORE THAN $$$$ !!

Tommy Mac

Nice reporting, TMZ... There isn't a sister name "Ginger Carter"... That's the step-mom, no wonder she hung up on you! #getittogether

Jay W.

Excuses ?? Hey ****... I mean Nick. It's your sister, so you should have found a way to attend. Spare us the B. S.

EMM

This is all a pack of BS. He knew. He refused to be there because he didn't want to deal with his family's issues. He has more than missing her funeral and LYING about it to rest upon his conscience for this...

CriticXtreme

All you had to do was keep singing all those whack songs, make money and dig hot chicks. Only pauzzes and those of weak minds use drugs. You started a karma effect that took your sister. I wouldn't have invited you either and you would be dead to me.

Ozzie X

How do you not know when or where a loved one's funeral is? Put all differences aside for just a day. Geesh. He already knew his sister passed and the next logical question would be when is the funeral?

Amy

Why would he have to be told? Excuses, excuses...

Jim

Maybe Nick should just stay away from the hatefullness in his family anyway. Family members that can't pull together for a few hours at the FUNERAL of one of their own, are a sick, sick, sick bunch of trash.

mizajmclean

Nick seems to have turned his life around, he has a great girlfriend and has been trying to live a healthy positive lifestyle. Sometimes you need to get away from the people dragging you down and if that happens to be his family, than so be it. Best to have people who dont know him judge him than have him end up like his sister.

SinSkars

I love Nick but he can be an ******* and he clearly thought taking a day off and cancelling a show was a let down for his fans. Bull****. Backstreet fans may be crazy but we are human and the loss of a family member is something we all can relate to. I'm sorry but this sound like a whole lot of bull**** to me.

Marie-Ève Côté

I could totally relate, my own family is doing everything to crush my dreams and never support me! I can't believe your own flesh and blood could do this but a person must stay strong and be nice to show it does not weaken you, to be that must stronger. You try to tell your family things can be much better but won't do anything to change it. Nick you are amazing, I care for you! A girl from Montreal. You and Lauren should come on your free-time to visit and hang out with me follow me @BSBrSEXY.