Randy Travis

Arrested for Public Intoxication

2/6/2012 8:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Travis mugshot
Country singer Randy Travis was arrested in Sanger, Texas this morning for public intoxication ... after cops say he was boozing in front of a Baptist church.

According to the Sanger Police Department, someone called the cops to report a suspicious vehicle near the church ... and when officers arrived to the scene, they discovered the 52-year-old singer with an open bottle of wine.

The "Forever and Ever, Amen" singer was hauled to a nearby jail around 1:30 AM -- he was booked, cited and released a short time later.

Angie2Angie

Randy, you've come along way baby!

Kevin_Hunt

Randy's life has become a country song. What a badass mug shot! Looks like a Sheen.

rw

Randy is only human! Just like you.

KC

So, he got arrested for NOT drinking and driving?

LindaJay

His voice is golden, truly a gift. I wish him the best.

juano

that's not a forehead, that's a SIXhead

Phil1957

There was a time when the police officer would have just driven him home and that would have been it. I can't help but feel that it was a better time. It's all just so sad that instead we are all reading about it. I expect there will be a time when the police officer would appreciate a little kindness being shown him, and I expect that with the way things are going today, he will not receive it.

Kristian Jo

We ALL fail. JESUS SAVES I am praying for Randy & all the children of THE MOST HIGH GOD. JEHOVAH GOD ABBA FATHER

joe

ATTENTION ALL, ESPECIALLY TEXAS COPS, SHAME on the police force for bothering this man for no reason. YOU COPS SUCK, meanwhile we got drug dealers, killers,rapists, child molesting people and you arrest RANDY TRAVIS for sitting in his car having a beer....NOT DRIVING ! COPS SUCK, bottom line. SO SORRY RANDY.

mrreily

Need exta cash.. Check out earn2percentaday.info

mrreily

Need free cash? check out earn2percentaday.info

Janie Stabile

I will never forget the first time I heard Randy sing. He has the sexiest voice ever. I have seen him in person and I think he needs to put this behind him and do what he loves best. He needs to get rid of this woman now, and he will be just fine. I have faith in him. I think he is an awesome singer and appears to be a great guy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4