Ben Stein

'Disrespected' by Honda

I Should've Been in 'Ferris' Ad

2/8/2012 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

020812_ben_stein_still

Ben Stein thinks it's pretty MESSED UP that Honda ran a "Ferris Bueller" spoof commercial during the Super Bowl ... and didn't put him in the ad -- and now he wants a NEW CAR to make up for the diss.

Stein was at LAX yesterday when we asked him about the new spot -- which featured Matthew Broderick -- and Ben told us, "They had a guy imitating my voice, they should've had me in it."

But Stein says Honda can make it up to him ... "Just my humble opinion, but since they used my voice ... they should give me a top of the line Honda."

020712_ferris_still

Max

NOT

Muppet

I'm sure they'll get right on that! Keep dreaming Ben!

Sammie7713

That is a little annoying.. why do all the famous people get the cars? I mean they make enough money to pay for them.. and buy giving their cars away to people that actually need them more people would prob buy them since they are seen more often... I know its like free marketing for them giving it to the rich since they are always seem. bug ugh.. but i do also see his point.. i wonder why they didnt add him? maybe they spend all their money on the main guy? who knows.... life goes on lol just had to put my 25 cents i this lol..

Fan

No, Mr. Stein, it was this interview that ruined your erudite, pompous career:

Stein: When we just saw that man, I think it was Mr. Myers [biologist P.Z. Myers], talking about how great scientists were, I was thinking to myself the last time any of my relatives saw scientists telling them what to do they were telling them to go to the showers to get gassed … that was horrifying beyond words, and that’s where science — in my opinion, this is just an opinion — that’s where science leads you.

Crouch: That’s right.

Stein: …Love of God and compassion and empathy leads you to a very glorious place, and science leads you to killing people.

Robert

This ad should have never been made! Cheap nostalgic crap I'm sure Broderick got a nice paycheck

Delaware D

I agree, they should have had more actors from the film in the ad.

nu sox n draws

stein is a schmuck putz

URSilly

He is just joking around, he uses dry humor like this. He is a funny guy. It is all in good fun.

I do like the new commercial, cute. I also like Ben Stein!

Dacritic

‎"I wanted to lie back and smoke a cigarette after watching the Beckham Commercial.." More Funny comments from the Super Bowl Commercials http://bit.ly/A5icDP

3thingsuneed

Love ben stein..
But bigger question>> why is there a Scientology ad above this comment section? I live in Clearwater Fl not even 2 miles from the so called church.. unless you have members on staff, why are you promoting David Musgavge (sp?) sociopath ways?

osteenq

Because as the guy who had only two or three lines in the film, Stein was OBVIOUSLY the main focus of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and was solely responsible for the film's success and popularity.

Seriously though, **** off and die, Ben.

CanCan

he probably has gobs of money that can buy any car he wants but he wants a honda??? lol. was it really his voice??

anony

I agree with him--he should have been in there somewhere.

Jesse

I hate this disgusting troll! Glad he did not ruin my Super Bowl experience.

Honey Badger Don't Care

These celebrities are so coddled with a sense of entitlement it's an embarrassment to society.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments