Mega-Director Bobby Farrelly

Son Dies from Apparent

Drug Overdose

2/10/2012 9:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0210_farelly_ex
Jesse Farrelly -- son of "Something About Mary" director Bobby Farrelly -- died this week of an apparent drug overdose in Orange County, CA ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement ... emergency personnel responded to an apartment in Costa Mesa, CA late Wednesday night after getting a call about an "unresponsive young male ... possible overdose."

We're told 20-year-old Jesse was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead a short time later. The coroner has completed the autopsy and has ruled out foul play.

Jesse's father and uncle make up the Farrelly Brothers comedy team ... and he had appeared in a couple of their movies ... including "Something About Mary" and "Hall Pass."

The Farrelly family has released a statement saying, "It is with profound sorrow that we accept the passing of our beloved Jesse following his struggle with addiction. We fully trust that he is now in the hands of our Lord."

The statement continues, "We are immeasurably grateful for the abundance of happiness and laughter he brought into our lives, and we will rejoice eternally for all the moments we got to breathe in his wondrous spirit. The family thanks you for your well wishes and kindly asks that you respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Criss

Damn, that's terrible!

JC30

So very sad. Good for the family to acknowledge his addiction, rather than try to cover it up. More proof that no amount of money can buy you happiness or piece. My condolences.

shirl

this is the exact same thing that happened to my son jordan on dec 11,2011. this is so heartbreaking. i am thinking of this family. theres nothing worse than losing a child, my heart goes out to them

Seldombinlaid

Rest in Peace Jesse, and God Be With You, and your family at this time.

Redskin_Chick

Very sad. May he RIP.

jeff

I don't understand why especially Hollywood rich people do drugs in the first place. Lots of drugs end people's lives. If it killed that person, what makes you think you'll be able to handle it? Just smoke pot, it's a plant with nothing extra mixed into it.

Jay W.

Very, very sad... RIP Jesse

janja

you get what you pay for

The PMG

Addiction is a horrible disease that unfortunately takes many people away from the world. R.I.P.

jetfanglo

thanx for the laughs...........i wish you peace in your soul and heart..........

mebrat24

such a sad thing happen, I feel for the family and nothing that any one says makes that hurt any easier. so sorry.

Sheridan

Jesse played one of the witnesses in the last scene, actually a post movie trailer, in "Hall Pass".

damnthis

hmmm...if they believe he's in the hands of the Lord...then I guess they don't believe in HELL!...they obviously live in some make believe religious fantasy world!
Also...drug overdoses should start being classified as "suicide"!!!

cdc5690

Jesse was one of my best friends since 10th grade, yeah i did alot of drugs with the kid, but he was one of my best friends, please to the people talking **** on this have some respect, jesse was a extramly good kid, with a bad diesase, it was not his fault. I miss you Jesse, and I love you bro. Rest in peace, we will see eachother again one day. I'm glad we got to have such a goos time in Boston (last time i saw you). this really sucks and shocked me. i have to clean my act up after hearing this. I am SO sad. jesse, i love you man, you didnt deseeve to die. Im sorry for selling your things a few times, but regardles we got over that, i always considered you one of my cloest friends. idk what else to say man, i just wish i could see you one last time. I'm sorry this had to happen to you man, such a good kid. RIP bro. See you again when i get up there.

PS. if you have nothing nice to say plz dont say it atall. jesse was one of my cloest friends, and it really hurts me to see people saying awful thing. You dont know what addiction is like, none of us wanted to be a heroin addict. so keep it nice please.

Love,
Your close friend, Chris Cole.

CHICKENS GO FOR 30!!!!!! haha good times man. rest easy

OBAMA CLAUS

Sad for the family and friends, such a waste of a beautiful kid , these drug pushers, doctors are the worst, selling their wares to our deaths; don't give a sh*t they just want MONEY !

DRUG DEALERS GO TO HELL>