Dionne Warwick & Cissy Houston

Whitney Seemed Fine

Just Before Death

2/11/2012 6:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_dionne_warwick_whitney_houston_ex
Dionne Warwick
 and Cissy Houston spoke with Whitney Houston by phone just before she died and say Whitney seemed fine ... TMZ has learned.

Whitney's mother, Cissy Houston, spoke with her daughter 25-30 minutes before she died and nothing seemed unusual ... sources tell TMZ. We're told they talked about attending the Clive Davis pre-Grammy party.

Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin, called as well ... several hours before Whitney died ... to make sure they were sitting at the same table at Clive's party. And again ... there were no signs of trouble.

The people in touch with Dionne say she is inconsolable adding, "She is an absolute mess."

As for Cissy, we're told she is "hysterical."

Susan

My heart goes out to Whitneys family she will be missed for sure-- she had alot of fans who believed in her My she rest in peace

Kevin

Weird... someone check Dr Conrad Murray is still in prison. RIP Whitney :(

Cujeaux

Sounds like a suicide. The Clive Davis party a few years back was the beginning of the end of her career.

patsy

How gross, the party is going on with her body in the hotel. These people are so self absorded.

DW Wood

Dion didn't see this coming? (older crowd will get the reference - think 1-900 days).

Sad loss, Houston, like most great talents was saddled with many problems, most of her own creation. It is most likely that these problems lead to or greatly contributed to her death.

Mary Jones

She died at the Beverly Hilton hotel. Was it something they put in their food?

Shay

It's no secret that Whitney Houston had battled drug addiction, but in recent years she seemed clean & sober. We shouldn't jump to conclusions. We don't know if her death may have been caused by something else. (other than a drug over dose) She may have had heart failure, or other medical problems. Lets all just wait until the medical coroner gives us clear information, before we assume we know what happened. RIP Whitney Houston. One of the greatest voices in history. My heart goes out to 19 yr old Bobbi Kristina ♥

kitty

families enable. They put their heads in the sand, and hope for the best. My deepest sympathies go out to the family surrounding this sad demise.

MsRita

Whitney Houston your voice will on forver. I danced to you Prince, Madonna and Price in early 80's DISCO BABY/

YOU WILL ME MISSED. MAY PRAYERS GO OUT TO BOBBY CHRISTINA AND BOBBY BORWN. BYE THE WAY DIONNE IS HER AUNT AND ARETHA IS HER GOD MOTHER. NO MOTHER WANTS TO OUTLIVE A CHILD. EVERYONE PRAY FOR THIS FAMILY. WE WOULD LOVE TO HONOR HER SOMEWHERE IN LOS ANGELES. KNOW ONE IS BETTER THAN YOU WHITNEY THESE KIDS ARE NOT SINGER ANYMORE YES YOU BEYONCE.

KATHY =( ^-^ )=

Give me a break...She was always gonna be a known as the coke addict that could sing. She was a nasty person,even to her fans. Sure it's sad when people die. This one is NO surprise. Unfortunately some people were blessed with a good voice and they flush it down the toilet like Whitney did... It IS what it IS..

Proud2bBlack

And I will Always Love You, I'm so terribly sad my tears fall without control of their destiny. As your life has been a part of my life with your wonderful ballets of music and movies you will forever be in my heart and I will always respect your for what your talent gave to my life's experiences. Love you Whitney R.I.P
The Spencer Family

Malin

I mean, she seemed FINE.. she had just finished off a brick of crack and was going to finish off a quick rock with a shot of tequila. I just don't understand, things were normal, how did this happen?

Regina

I could not even imagine talking to a loved one and then find out a half hour or so later that they are dead. I would be hysterical too. Condolences out to the entire Houston family.
You are in our thoughts right now and Whitney will be missed. She is a legend.

JayTee

Just give the people their privacy. and STOP saying she died of drugs when nothing is known and her family said she was fine before her death