Whitney Houston

Prescriptions Found

Possible Drowning

2/11/2012 11:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The body of Whitney Houston was just removed from the room on a gurney.  It will go to the morgue for an autopsy to determine cause of death.
No illegal drugs have been found in the hotel room where Whitney Houston died -- at least not yet -- but prescription drugs were present, and it's possible the singer drowned in the bathtub ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell us ... when EMTs arrived Whitney's body was already removed from the bathtub so it will take an autopsy to determine if she OD'd, drowned or died from some other cause.

Informed sources tell us ... Beverly Hills cops -- who were still searching the room at the time this story was posted -- found various pill bottles. There was no evidence that Whitney was drinking alcohol in the room.

Whitney's body was just removed from the room on a gurney.  It will go to the morgue for an autopsy to determine cause of death.

video platform video management video solutions video player
0212_ambulance_video

Ed

No one could have helped her over the past years? How sad is the Hollywood entertainment family that they continue to let this go on. This again seems acceptable??

brad

Check out this article about prescription drugs:

"Report: Prescription Drug Deaths Skyrocket"

"More people die in America every year from prescription drug abuse than die from heroin and cocaine COMBINED. That stunning finding comes in a new report Tuesday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC found a fourfold increase in deaths from prescription narcotics over the past decade. Not surprisingly, it coincides with a fourfold increase in the number of prescriptions written for the powerful PAINKILLERS.

In 2008, the most recent year for which there are statistics, there were 20,044 overdose deaths from prescription drugs. Of those, 14,800 were from narcotic painkillers."

kellie

Truly a sad story. RIP Whitney.

Sophie Ann

I want to know who called hotel security, who then called the cops and EMT's. Someone was in the room with her and possibly KNOWS what happened, but so far nothing has been said or even leaked to the press. She obviously was not alone in the room since her body was "moved".

Come on, TMZ - find out for us.

tina

BITTERSWEET MEMORIES!!!

Kim

Sad, yes. Shocked, no.

tellitlikeitis

Idolizing this woman is not the right thing to do,. The Whitney Houstons and Amy Winehouses of this (and the next) world were given great talents but no brains. One who turns to substance abuse has no place in showbusiness because of the negative impact on the younger generation,. Even one of Whitneys best known songs starts with the words " I believe the children are our future, Teach them well and let them lead the way, Show them all the beauty they posses inside, Give them a sense of pride "....., ;Hardly the mentor our youngsters need. May she, as one of Gods children, rest in peace.

michelle

Good Lord, way too young! R.I.P. Whitney!

black or white

im so sick and upset.

rest in peace, DIVA 4 EVER

scarla

I love you whitney,I will miss you,we will all miss you, but now you are safe and in a better place and in Gods arms,my prayers are with you and your family,may peace be with you.

Julie

Keith Richards outlasted another one.

samper

Like those in the room at the time aren't going to scour the place and flush all the illegal stuff before authorites got there!

Doesn't matter, toxicology report (in the standard 6-8 week timeframe) will reveal how much crap she ingested before dying.

Just because she had a prescription for stuff doesn't rule out being a junkie who mixed too much crap to handle.

Alton

It is very sad. Like another commenter said it is fitting that her last song was "Jesus Loves Me". She started singing gospel and she went out singing gospel. That is truly a full circle moment. What I would like TMZ to find out is why was her body kept in a hotel room for so long? I hope it had nothing to do with the Pre-Grammy Gala. But I do want to hear an explanation one way or another. That just seems bizarre.

On another note, I will miss Whitney. I will never forget riding to school with my Dad and hearing her joyously belt out songs like "How Will I know" or "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". How such a big voice came out of such a slight woman is still beyond me. I will never forget the first time "I Look To You" came on the radio. I was on my way to work and that song stopped me in my tracks. Something about the lyrics and her truthful delivery cut straight to my soul and nearly had me in tears. Few singers have that kind of power over me. She was a peerless singer, a daughter, a follower of Christ, a mother, and a flawed human being like us all. I am so glad that Whitney was here. I will remember her in better times and pray that now she is released from all the pressure, scrutiny, and expectations of others. Her voice and spirit were truly gifts. Thank you for sharing Whitney.

Jorge Nascimento

The death was very cruel to Whitney Houston ... she does not deserve to die this way, drowned. The world is more empty and dull with the loss of one of the greatest divas of all time. Here in Brazil and all over the world, we were caught by surprise and we are all very sad that this is the worst news for the beginning of this year 2012.
Goodbye, Whitney ... love you forever!
www.nascimentofotos.blogspot.com

Jorge Nascimento

A morte foi muito cruel com a Whitney Houston...ela não mereceu morrer desta forma, afogada. O mundo esta mais vazio e sem brilho com a perda de uma das maiores divas de todos os tempos. Aqui no Brasil como em todos os lugares do mundo, fomos pegos de surpresa e estamos todos muito tristes com essa que é a pior noticia pra inicio desse ano de 2012.
Adeus, Whitney...te amarei para sempre!
www.nascimentofotos.blogspot.com