Jennifer Hudson

Sings 'I Will Always Love You'

at the Grammys

2/12/2012 8:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

video platform video management video solutions video player
0_688g068k_0_c6b488si
RIP Whitney.

justpoor

Sorry jennifer, but it was not pleasant to hear you try and sing Whitney's song. I wish they would have shown Whitney singing in her own voice from a previous appearance. She was flat, no soul in her voice. No one will ever sing like Whitney, but there had to be a better choice.

chaz lane

If we're being honest, that was an awful job. Yeah, probably was hard to sing but, nothing good about it.

Leliah

Stupid ****-suckers. steady talking negative about her but yet saying its only one whitney. Well whitney isnt coming back and she did just fine

Ava

Very well sang. She has an amazing voice, although I did feel it was a little shorter and less than I expected. I understand Whitney had some ups and downs in her life but she was a beautiful person over all. She has just let the negatives take over her life too much. I still consider her an idol, and I would love for my daughter to respect her music just as much as I have. RIP Whitney your music and legacy will live on and bring happiness to many people.

DanielG

What is wrong with so many of you and your negative comments. Jennifer INTENTIONALLY made sure she did not try to copy Whitney out of RESPECT. She did it her way, in a way that best tributes Whitney. So much negativity in the world and with people who comment. Jennifer was emotional and she nailed it. Classy, respectful, not trying to karaoke it. I guess the average age on a TMZ blog is probably around 21, which makes sense given the overwhelming insensitive comments.

USChicksAreFat

Hudson = fat. Stop ripping off Whitney's songs you Jenny Craig whore.

who cares

B rate entertainment no wonder they are doing all these swamp people and axe man shows that show toothless people working to survive. Nothing fake about them like hollywood.

who cares

TMZ has done 26 articles of trash on the crack whore with either the same info or something thats common sense or something we all already knew. Isnt it time to move on to other garbage or should we expect 30 articles on this by the end of tomorrow since it will be a work day

DubstepDistribution

Sounded like garbage. She did not do her justice

CHRYL

I DON'T GIVE A MESS HOW JENNIFER HUDSON DID THAT SONG, SHE SOUNDED TERRIBLE, DO YOU HEAR ME....TERRIBLE TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Beegee

She has sung the song better. Check out the link below, where she sings the song to Whitney at the BET Awards last year. I heard that she was extremely distraught and had difficulty keeping herself composed to sing.

Ulkar

It was too bad. She sounded just terrible. She is nut WHitney Houston. She was too short, and she could not take a higher notes... I am glad... because no one can be the second Whitney Houston. It was the worst tribute ever. They MUST call call to Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton and Celine Dion, then we could get a chance to see more emotional performance... I did not like it!!! I love you Whitney. We will always love you!!! My suggestion to Jennifer Hudson... Stop pretending be Whitney Houston!!! STOP!!!!!

CyndiChainsaW

What a respectful tribute to Whitney. Good job Jennifer!

Lucille

I didn't like the entire proceeding. I know the "show must go on" but it all seemed extremely disrespectful. Also, I'm a Jennifer Hudson fan, but there will only ever be one Whitney Houston and it’s too soon for people to attempt to sing her songs even in tribute. I wish Jennifer had sung a religious song instead of attempting to go toe-to-toe with Whitney singing at her best because that is what everyone was comparing Jennifer to.

malinda

Not a great job, just average. Jennifer sang the hell out of the Dreamgirls song. She was disappointing here though..