Whitney Houston

Autopsy Completed,

Results Pending Toxicology

2/12/2012 2:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The autopsy of Whitney Houston is complete.The autopsy of Whitney Houston is complete, TMZ has learned, but the results will be deferred pending a toxicology report.

According to our sources, a cause of death cannot be determined until the toxicology results ... which typically takes 4-6 weeks.

A coroner's spokesman says the results are on a security hold, which just means nothing is being released at this time.

As TMZ first reported ... although the cause of death is unknown, it is increasingly looking like Whitney may have fallen asleep or lapsed into unconsciousness in the bathtub and drowned.

We're told Whitney had been drinking the night before and authorities believe a combination of Xanax and alcohol could have fatally sedated her -- although our sources say it is simply too early to draw any firm conclusions.

A rep for the Beverly Hills PD just announced during a news conference -- the preliminary investigation is nearly complete ... pending final results from the L.A. Coroner's Office.

0212_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

olivia

i know that it has been hard for you and i know that you tried your best that you can,after all you are only human.
R.I.P my dear

shydea

i hate what happen but its is her and her ex hundanes fraut i cant lie thats just me

ines celik hamburg germany

i hope whitney rip.whitney never dies,because her music never dies.wish bobby kristina so much power for the next time.

Richelle

Sad about Whitney but sooo sick of people blaming prescription drugs. Addicts will use anything to get high. I for one am tired of the pill blaming and even some talking about banning them. Come on people, i have panic attacks, if it were not for xanax and valium i would have wanted to end my life years ago. Thank god for these meds and the people that need them. Blame the one who misuses them.

Heide J. Casinabe

I am an avid fan of the most awarded female singer, what a waste, to loss a world guinness singer,She is still a great singer in Heaven.RIP WHITNEY...

Linda

You know...Comment #1...it is easy to call the pot to call the Kettle black!!! Don't throw stones at glass houses!! Let people who loved her, remember her for what she gave us.

mike howell

whew!I thought Demi Moore was pullin a Whitney or was it the other way around?

ADIS FICUSA

GOD BLES U...
WHITNEY.....
IHOPE YOU PEACE IN HEAVEN...

sonya

whitney houston was a crackhead her family needs to get out of denial she was a trainwreck waiting to happen and so is her daughter is a crackhead also shes the next one shes a trainwreck like her mother

tink

So my question is was she pregnant and somebody she was messing with didnt want to keep the baby or did she mess up and just **** it and od..???????

Linda

Has anyone thought about the combination of the Amoxicillin antibiotic she had just been prescribed with the Xanax and the alcohol? Amoxicillin can induce a long QT delay rhythm in the heart. And Xanax and alcohol together are a problem for the heart. So all three together may be the answer to what happened. No one really talks about the Amoxicillin causing the long QT delay, and I wonder how many student athletes that have a heart problem have recently been prescribed this drug as it is such a common antibiotic. I am afraid it may be an under-reported problem.

GOD'S WORD

My BIBLE say's Matthew 7-1 King James NIV Do not judge, or you too will be judge.For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. KEEP reading the Bible ONLY GOD can JUDGED US... That's what wrong with this WORLD!!!! GOD BLESS US ALL....

Diva Rich

GOD BLESS YOU WHITNEY FOR THE LOVELY MUSIC GOD ALLOWED YOU TO GIVE US! MAY YOU REST IN PEACE.

honesty

I just wish somebody in these negative comments family would have died. I want to see how you would respond. Love covers the multitude of faults. The fact is she is dead and we are sad. You steady judging but I wonder how you would take it if your're children lost you today.

coldhard reality

Oh yeah blame the doctor, Did he also shove the xanax down her throat? I guess there is No personal responsablity
in this case because she was "celebrity".
Like she's the only person under pressure.I swear the hold damn country is full of idiots. She did this to herself,period. She played a dangerous game and LOST.
The woman could sing but other than that,just another drug addict.