Whitney Houston -- Family Told

She Died from Rx

NOT Drowning

2/13/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs.
Whitney Houston's family was told by L.A. County Coroner officials ... the singer did not die from drowning, but rather from what appears to be a combination of Xanax and other prescription drugs mixed with alcohol ... this according to family sources.

We're told Coroner's officials informed the family there was not enough water in Whitney's lungs to lead to the conclusion that she drowned.

Our sources say the family was told Whitney may well have died before her head became submerged.

And family sources tell us ... it was actually Whitney's aunt, Mary Jones, who discovered Whitney's body in the bathtub. Mary had laid out Whitney's dress for the evening on the bed and then left for about a half hour. When Whitney didn't come out of the bathroom, Mary entered, pulled Whitney out of the tub and began administering CPR.

And we're told ... Whitney's mom has arranged to have the singer's body flown back to Atlanta, as early as tomorrow. The family was told the Coroner has no problem releasing the body because there is no evidence of foul play --  and unless cops put a hold on the body, it can be flown back East.

0211_rememebring_whitney

Sharon

Anyone who knows anything about the body, if she had water in her lungs she was still breathing when she was in the water. This means she could not have been dead when she hit the water. Instead of speculating, lets wait for the autopsy results and show some respect. If you are a fan, you should have no problem doing this.

Vicki

So sad Whitney. You had a beautiful voice. You were a tremendous talent. Only you know the pressures life put on you. For all those who like to judge you all I can say is walk a mile in your shoes. I loved you Whitney. May you rest in peace.

Kate

People can do a million great things, and a few bad and most focus on the bad. Whitney was a person, a mother, daughter etc. She made mistakes, we all have, so who are we to judge or call names. There are so many nasty comments on here. People get a grip, quit judging her. I wonder what would come up if your life was in the spotlight. She was a great artist, had one of the most amazing voices in history, thats how I will remember her!

LYING

THIS IS A LIE NOTHING HAS BEEN RELEASED YET HER AUTOPSY REPORT IS UNDER LOCK & KEY. SHAME ON YOU PEOPLE WITH THE PILL JOKES

ariel

so sad!!!may you rest and peace Whitney Houston

shydea

i think that sdome was her farut and her ex husbane farut ....= her= shy bib not try to stop talking drugs...... ex husbane stared jer on the drugs and bib not try to stop her form doing it..... that just me

mz.cherry

HEY HOW ARE U DOING . I AM WHITNEY HOUSTON FANS. I FEEL THAT I HAVE BEEN KNOWING HER FOR A WHILE BUT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT HER FILES N SONG YRS AGO , SHE WERE A BEAUITFUL WOMAN WHO LOVE TO SING . I REALLY LIKE TO SAY THIS , BOBBY BROWN GOT WHITNEY HOUSTON THROUGHT THIS LIFE BECAUSE SHE ALWAYS DOING SOMTHING BLESS , GOOD FOR HERSELF BEFORE SHE HAS A CHILD WAS BORN TOWARD HER LIFE .DRUGS WAS NEVER IN LIFE UNTIL SHE MET BOOBY BROWN AND I FEEL THAT BOBBY BROWN IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHITNEY HOUSTON PUT HER THROUGH THIS DIRTY TRADGY LIFE , STRESSING OUT, ABUSING AND DRUG WISE.. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT BOBBY BROWN HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY NOW ABOUT WHITNEY HOUSTON??? THIS HIS FAULT YALL KNOW THAT .. HE LOST A WOMAN WAS POPULAR SINGER THAT NO ONE HAVE A BEAUITFUL VOICE LIKE THAT N I THINK HE WAS JELSOULY OF WHITNEY HOUSTON....

Maris

My deepest sympathy to the family. But please do not blame the doctor's. If the meds are abuse, it is up to the patient to taking it responsibly. It's an old tale not only in Hollywood. God bless her!

Irina

Мне так жаль! Она была удивительной, она была прекрасной, она была неподражаемой! Голос ангела, внешность богини!

k s

her death would have happen sooner or later,she messed up her great voice, she could have got help,i'm sorry she died, but she has been doing this act for years and look what happen,she has'nt been a superstar for years,she is just other person.

RobinD323

Reggie Bush is such a LIAR! No wonder he & Kim K get along so well. I have Photographic PROOF they are together and have been at least since on or before Jan 8th, 2012.UNLESS, Reggie Bush is the ONLY person on planet earth with a dog who can DRIVE! That's all I'm saying.. Kim K doesn't miss a beat. She is a worthless, shameless, slore!

poonam

whitney houston will always be remembered by her wonderful voice and music...u inspired soo much ppl around the world to love and 2 b strong...sw dreams darlin R.I.P

luc59457

www.youtube.com/luc59457 Make it electric!

Raif

The music business sucks and screws up peoples lives!

Linda

Don't believe everything that you read. It makes money for the ones telling the story. Look at the source. I saw the little sleazy picture with the cocaine syringe and crap from the sleazy little motel room. Well first TMZ reported overdose of cocaine, now their selling the prescription drugs with a host of idiots to read it.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments