Whitney Houston

The Death Tub

2/14/2012 6:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The bathtub Whitney Houston died inTMZ has obtained a photo of the tub in which Whitney Houston died.

The photo was taken moments after police and EMTs removed Whitney's body from the bathroom of the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

The photo shows the tub still filled with water.  There's a gravy dish at the bottom of the tub, which Whitney typically filled with olive oil to keep her skin soft.

Notice the two circular objects -- they're hair ties.

And there's a towel at the bottom of the tub -- possibly worn by Whitney to keep her hair dry while she was bathing.

0212_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

marymac

It's all just so sad. RIP Whitney. :(

Official

It's an unfortunate ending for a woman with such a great career and a great voice.

betseymcqueen

I really hope her daughter is doing better, though I'm glad I didn't see any new stories about her today. She needs to be left alone so she can heal.

miller

Wow, these comments are amazing. I've never seen such universal condemnation of an article on here. Some jr editor must have posted this article without thinking it through. Just watch: heads are gonna roll at TMZ on Tuesday Morning! For the record I agree with the other commentors here: this article was over the line by a country mile.

American Mom

WTF? The daughter doesn't even get in the room but TMZ does? Seriously, this picture was unnecessary and wrong on many levels.

sthomas

You guys rock, but this picture is not necessary. Other than that, keep doing what you're doing so well!

setao

great reporting..now it's time for Harvey to come out of 'his tub' and announce some 'personal issues' and refrain from his pseudo-dramatic comments

Uh

Understandable why a bunch of uneducated kids would print this (showing no respect to Whitney or her family), but when Harvey was studying ethics did he slip on fairy dust causing a permanent lapse in retention. Hard to believe his religion condones this behavior. But it is what it is.

leslie

I have written a complaint to the Beverly hills police department and I will be informing the black media outlets about this. This is disgusting.

midTN

***

This is LOW.....even for TMZ.........TELL THEM!

***

tex

Guys will you take this down please? The daughter has had enough of this and lets not make this your whole lifes work. Cant we just take a deep breath here and let the family grieve? Come on guys.

leslie

PS. No wonder whitney houston had depression and anxiety having to deal with leeches like TMZ. Disgusting bastards.

La

Funny how everyone is so appalled by the photo, but you all clicked on it to see it.

Stephanie

I won't be returning to your site. I did not look at this photo, just wanted to read if people were as disgusted as me that you would post this. You've been spreading rumors in this story since it broke, now you're posting this. Low Lifes!!!

t pAIN

Is anything sacred anymore? I mean, respect the family at least!!!!! Her daughter is having a hard time coping and TMZ is publishing insensitive photos? I am now going to stop visiting TMZ as I did X17online when they exploited Britney during her breakdown. I really hope the world is ending this year because it's going to crap.