Randy Travis Arrest Footage

You're REALLY Gonna Take Me to Jail?!!?

2/15/2012 9:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

021512_randy_video

Randy Travis was downright DUMBFOUNDED when Texas police told the singer he was being arrested for public intoxication earlier this month ... telling cops, "Really? Are you kidding me?"

Dashcam footage, obtained by KCENTV.com​, shows the country star talking slowly and slurring to police as he's questioned about why he was sitting in a parked car near a Baptist church in the middle of the night on Feb. 6.

In the footage, Travis is asked if he had been boozing ... to which he replies, "Yes, sir, I have. But I am not driving, as you can see." As TMZ previously reported, cops say Travis reeked of booze.

The officer asked Travis for ID, but the singer didn't have his driver's license on him at the time.

The officer continued, "Here's what's going to happen tonight ... You're going to go to jail for public intoxication."

Travis: "Really? Are you kidding me?"

Cop: "Maybe once we get to the jail, we can figure out who ... get some more information on you, who you are."

Travis: "Are you kidding me?"

The cop wasn't kidding ...

As TMZ previously reported, Travis was hauled to jail at around 1:30 AM ... and was booked, cited and released a short time later.

Harvey Two Face

I bet if the officer pulled God over for DUI he'd be going to jail too...
Poor Randy...maybe a new song out of this...a prison love story perhaps?

queen love

Why do they think that the laws don't apply to them? Maybe in the past he has bribed law enforcers to not enforced the laws. "just sayin'"

ActorMike

It was Super Bowl Sunday when it happened, I can see where he was coming from!

Phenom

Randy Travis is a big fish and the policeman wanted to showboat his catch. That's all. Or, the policeman wanted to make sure Randy would be ok and took him in. After all, he didn't have his ID on him and that is against the law to drive without your ID. Randy, you know better.

Jim

Mr. Travis was NOT driving and was NOT walking on a public street. He was PARKED on private property. The cops should have called someone to pick him up. His lawyers are going to have a blast in court and the BS charges will be dropped. The cops are just plain wrong in this instance.

ActorMike

He's a celebrity, so I can see why he would ask are you kidding me when they were saying that needed to take him in to see who he was.

Rob

He was sleeping it off in his car doing the responsible thing...f**kin cops, there's no winning.

Ty

Idiot stuck up cop. Go do some real work. wth..

JDUB

They do arrest people who are drunk but in a car not moving, which is stupid, because most of the time it's people who realize they're too drunk to drive and are waiting until they're sober enough to drive again, which is the responsible thing to do. But DUI arrests are big business $$$.

Tammy

I would've said the same thing and, in fact, was surpised by his arrest. I mena, he was sitting in a parked car infront of a church. When did sitting in a parked car in front of a church become illegal?

wally

cops - the work of the devil, all s***. if do not like do not send me an email that i do not open, read or look at.

Sonja

So he got drunk at the church? NO he was drinking and driving without a license, pulled over and slept it off. Good for him for realizing it but that doesn't excuse that he was drinking and driving in the first place. As for the private property thing... I had a man run out of gas in the middle of the night, park in MY driveway blocking MY cars and was told by police that they couldn't' do anything about it. That if I had it towed and it was damaged I could get sued so that whole private property thing is BS.

Areader

This gets thrown out!

Elsa

I wonder if the cop would have let him go if the camera wasnt rolling as it always is nowadays.
...either way, doubt the Police Dept will be getting a xmas card from Randy this year.

jmk

I'm a little surprised they didn't just take him home. Seems a little extreme to arrest him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments