Whitney Houston

To Be Buried Next to Her Dad

2/15/2012 12:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Whitney Houston will be laid to rest in the plot right next to her fathers grave at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey
Whitney Houston will be laid to rest in the plot right next to her father's grave at the Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey ... multiple Houston family sources tell TMZ.

According to Whitney's official death certificate, Houston will be buried Saturday at Fairview ... and sources tell TMZ, the decision was made because Whitney WANTED to be laid to rest next to her dad.

Whitney's father, John Russell Houston Jr., died in 2003 ... and as you can see from the above photo there is plenty of space next to his plot for Whitney's tombstone.

haskel420

R.I.P. let bobby attend..!!

bring back recent posts

...I don't like graveyards..this is just sad all the way around for Whitney..may she RIP

awards

Room enough even for Bobby Brown?

Kristin

I love how tmz was informed that the good residents of the state of NJ are outraged over the fact that the Governor has ordered flag at half staff for her and we are all against it. Yet TMZ won't report that.

george

then get on with it already, bury the druggy, heres ashes 2 u.

Seldombinlaid

R.I.P. Whitney :(

patty

oh dear - its not a secure cementary, and now every one knows where, i'm afraid it will be vandalized, not counting all the ppl coming to visit that will cause damage to other final resting places - don't think they thought this out

myopinion

I figured she would be laid to rest next to her dad...GREAT!!!

RIP Whitney

Let US ALL try LOVE, RESPECT & KINDNESS

Jim

Was her daddy a dope addict too? Did he die of a drug overdose also?

Jim

I hope vandals don't dig her up and sell her bones on Ebay.

Joann

Did Whitney have a Last Will and Testament? I have to wonder if any of this is what she wanted. Bobby was the love of her life and the father of her child. They had a turbulent relationship but why wouldn't she want him to be at her funeral? She and her father didn't get along at all so why would she want to be buried next to him. I saw Whitney out on the town a few times when she lived in Atlanta and I believe Dion Warwick when she says Whitney would want to be laid to rest in Atlanta. Why is Whitney's mother being allowed to make all of these decisions?

Jennifer

Man! February is just not a good month for this family (dad died in February too). Bless their hearts.

char

I think it's fitting that Cissy would want Whitney laid to rest next to her father.I'm sure when Whitney is buried there they will make arrangements that nothing can or will happen to her grave or body.

who cares

Ok so TMZ has posted over 50 articles and a lot of them contained inaccurate information or just plain common sense with the label Exclusive. TMZ claims to verify 100% the tips they get before posting them, but infact often post info that isnt true or that is just plain garbage. Kind of like TMZ claims the bodyguard pulled her out and started cpr. when infact that wasnt even true and harvey isntead of fixing the error goes on to say as we first reported this is the Aunt that tried to save Whitney... When does it stop Harvey because we aren't as stupuid as you think.

Ms. Scarlet

I don't care what anyone says about her...I hope she's at peace now, and I hope that her family can find comfort during this time. It takes courage to face a world that wants more from you than you have to give.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments