Whitney Houston Funeral

Bobby Brown Bailed

Over Seating Dispute

2/18/2012 11:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bobby Brown was asked to leave the funeral of Whitney Houston today.
Bobby Brown was asked to leave Whitney Houston's funeral today ... after he got into an argument with Whitney's family over whether or not he could bring nine people into the church with him ... TMZ has learned.

Brown was spotted going into the church today in Newark, NJ ... but was seen leaving shortly thereafter.

According to our sources, Brown was invited, plus two, but instead showed up with an entourage of nine people. We're told Bobby became upset when he found out they would not seat his whole party.

Our sources say Bobby wanted to sit with his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, but Whitney's family was not having it.

We're told Rev. Jesse Jackson tried to smooth things over ... but to no avail.

update_bar
Rev. Al Sharpton spoke of the incident with Bobby as he left the church, saying, "He showed nothing but love and respect for Whitney. I wish people would leave Bobby alone" (see video below).

Brown issued a statement later on, saying, "My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions."

He continued, "I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi-Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene."

0218_al_sharpton_video

acekitty

He could have sent the posse away, but he left the service. What an *******.

Dee

Same ole Bobby Brown.

sherrie scarlett

wow what a piece of $#@$ today is about whitney not you. you couldn't even be there for your daughter..AMAZING NOW PEOPLE BUY TICKETS TO HIS CONCERTS AND BUY HIS CD'S SHOW HIM YOU DON'T CARE HE'S A SLIMEBAG....

laina

so...rather than just going with 1 or 2 people and telling the other 7 to take a temporary hike..he abandons his daughter when she needed him most. WTH? he'd better be glad they even allowed him to show up, bc i sure wouldnt. father or not.

BABS

OH DANG BOBBY!!! I was on your side until you had to show up with 9 people and storm out b/c you didn't like your seat. Reminds me of a family member I have UGH stormed out of family wedding b/c they pronounce our last name Americanized vs. Italian way LOL

PeigiAnn

Shame on Bobby Brown, this day was not about him. His an ex-husband. They did not even have to invite him. He needs to grow up.

Mike L

I would have stayed, just to piss off the family. They're being real a-holes about this and not handling it the right way. But, hey, karmas a bitch. They'll get theirs. I hope Bobby shows up at Cissys funeral in a couple of years and pisses on her cold, dead, heartless, corpse.

Tonia682

Heaven knows I have tried to defend Bobby Brown but I can not do it any longer. This funeral was the mother of his child and that should have taken precedent over who could or not from his party could come to the service. He should have been there for Bobbi but this tells me that he may not be a real presence in her life. He needs to get it together.

Levuna

everyone on here that is making negative comments about Bobby Brown you people should be ashamed, some of those people were Bobbie Kristian's siblings I don't understand why people can't have sympathy and empathy for others.As if no one else on here commenting don't have drug users in their family or know them let he without sin cast the first stone............

jeffreyleland

once again he proves to be an ignant man. U weren't welcome to begin w/ .. they were gracious and invited u afterall .. then u act like u r more important than the decedant. Thought cha knew BOBBAAAAY. Yo azz got to go *SNAP*

Ali Anari

this is not a human in grieve. this is a dude who wants to make an appliance and make it known. good for the family to kick his Azz out of there. he doesn't belong there. he belongs in the trash can of history.

niki

First off yes Bobby was wrong for not checking yo c if he could bring guest but its not right for the family to put all the blame on him for everything. They still do have a kid together and he should have been able to sit with his daughter. It really is a shame that the family didn't even want him to come to the funeral in the first place.Like it or not they were married n do have a child together.Fey a grip like he didn't make Whitney do anything that she didn't want to do.They got high together. People should be more worried about how the fighting is affecting their daughter. Rip Whitney

dreamon

Why are Whitney's addiction struggles forgivable but not Bobby's? It's an illness and Bobby deserves as much compassion as she's getting.

Joe Q. Public for President

Good riddance to this guy. It never ends

Violette-Blue

Why would Bobby Brown even need an entourage? and how disrespectful of him to even consider bringing them into his ex-wife's service? Has he no respect?!