Elizabeth Smart

Shows Off New Husband

... and New RING!

2/20/2012 10:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Elizabeth Smart flaunted her brand new wedding ring while holding hands with brand new hubby Matthew Gilmour.
One day after tying the knot in Hawaii, Elizabeth Smart flaunted her brand new wedding ring while holding hands with brand new hubby Matthew Gilmour yesterday.

This is the first pic of the 24-year-old Brigham Young student since her Saturday wedding at a Mormon temple on Oahu's North Shore.

Smart and 22-year-old Gilmour dated for a year ... and were engaged for a month ... before tying the knot.

Smart made headlines back in 2002 when, at age 14, she was kidnapped from her home and held captive for 9 months by a sexually abusive psychopath. She was rescued after a biker noticed her abductor, Brian David Mitchell, attempting to conceal Smart's identity while traveling around Utah.

Last year, Mitchell was sentenced to life in prison for the kidnapping.

wow

who are they kidding... the only reason a mormon would change a wedding is because the is Preggie... that is right... if they can handle Marie Osmond Wedding then i think they can handle hers... blaming it on the press lame.... they needed to get married before she started showing is all.. before the press got wind of her showing... i would bet money on it... or a pizza...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You can dislike my questioning of his shirt, that's okay. I'd be pissed if a photo me was published online and I was having a bad shirt day.

Otherwise, I don't do fake excitement for people when they get married.

croger49

Flaunting? Showing off? No, how about "wearing her wedding ring like a normal human being"? How about the media just leaves Elizabeth alone and lets her live a normal life? The poor girl has been through so much trauma, I'm sure all she wants is to live the rest of her life in normalcy and peace!

JarJarBinks

nice shirt, dweeb

Virtual Insanity

She is absolutely beautiful. I wish the couple a wonderful marriage and much happiness.

taz

LEAVE HER ALONE!!!!! Shes not a celebrity. She was the victim of a crime. So lay off and let her live her life.

Somerville

I just hope she's Ok. Being repeatedly raped by that crazy smelly s***bag has got to have done a major number on her head. Hope she's had a LOT of therapy. Her husband is so young... hope it lasts.

goosling

They got married kinda fast. Super young too

AnnH

I wish them a lifetime of peace and happiness.

There is something seriously wrong with some of the people posting here.

Chris

I agree with the gay comment below (that he is gay) because I am and have pretty great "gaydar". I am just wondering if anyone else notices how large his erect member appears in this photo.

Damian Masters

Please leave her alone. I think she deserves her privacy. She doesn't need the past always brought up.

descrtipiona

Leave this poor crime victim alone!

blueburry

heh

b mat

1) she is not flaunting anything. someone stalking her to get a photo to sell is not the same as her flaunting.

2) the girl just got married, most people know who she is. MAYBE.. just maybe... have an article about one of the happiest moments in her life NOT being about her being abducted and raped? for those who do not know, GOOGLE. It is relatively easy. But why can she not be "CNN Correspondent" instead of "that one poor girl". Just saying.

3)privacy? anyone?

Brian

Good for her. Definitely a strong woman, and he seems like a nice guy. This is what happens when you have a strong support team, a great mom and dad, and a relentless goal for doing good. Dont know them, but I'm proud of them.