Women Win Defamation Lawsuit

Called Ex-BF 'Liar' and 'Cheater'

2/20/2012 9:32 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0219_blitsch_exd
Two women who were sued because they blasted their ex on liarscheatersrus.com -- calling him "scum" -- have been vindicated by a judge.

The court threw out the case filed by Matthew Couloute, a New York lawyer, who claimed Amanda Ryncarz and Stacey Blitsch -- a former roller derby star -- ruined his career by calling him various names on the website, including a "liar" and a "cheater."

But a federal district judge ruled the statements were just opinion -- and no one would mistake them as fact.  The judge also said Matthew couldn't point to a single business relationship of his that was harmed by the 2 chicks.

update_bar
Gloria and the girls held one of Gloria's patented press conferences ... where we asked Amanda and Stacey if they thought the whole ordeal would have a negative impact on their dating lives.

0220_gloria_allred_video

peoplearesilly

Tammy: There must have been truth to it; he sued for defamation and he lost, so they must had have to prove there was truth in there.

Dan

All sh*tbags and wh*res who cheat should be flamed or outed on the internet. It would save all the other quality people out there from dating slimy humans who have no ethics.

Tracy George

Yeah, I would have rather gone to cheaterville.com smh

Seldombinlaid

I wouldn't date either one of these chicks. I know this guy was a jerk, but...

Tammy

peoplearesilly: I really don't care if they're telling the truth. If these two women can only get closure and/or satisfaction and/or revenge by writing about their ex on a website, then they have serious problems and I can partly see why the man in question treated them the way he did. Furthermore, this sets a bad precedent as men will start asking women to sign agreements to to disparge them to date or even men could start their own sites listing all the bad attributes of their exes like if she doesn't give head, or give terrible head, her vagina is too big, she has terrible breath/body odor of whatever else they need to say to get closure/satisfaction/revenge. Men/Women who are supposedly adults need to act like adults and move on when a relationship is over. However, like I said, if a man/woman need to blast someone on a website to feel better, that's fine.

Tina

You should all look up the definition of the word "defamation" and the legality behind it. I had this exact same experience as these women. My ex husband had ADHD and Bi-Polar disorder and was able to lead a double life for years while bullying me into believe my "suspicions" were unfounded. After 6 years, I finally got my hands on proof of his cheating. After the divorce, FOURTEEN women had come forward to me and apologized / explained what had happened. We all decided to write the TRUTH on a website similar to this one. My ex husband destroyed my physical health because he couldn't keep it in his pants and he did the same to numerous other women. Me and the other women wrote an article about him as a basically a warning label. We were hoping that if anything, our article would at least save one woman. We learned that as long as you state facts and do not discuss specific disease, it cannot be considered defamation. In this specific case, the judge determined that the women were writing facts that they had support for, and their use of the term "s***" that was based on the original facts was simply there opinion. This is not defamation. I can see how many men on here side with the lying cheating man in this case and basically point the finger at the women for being "liars" "sl*ts" etc. Way to go guys, way to demonize women that were victims once and then had to be dragged through it again at the hands of the cheating bully in court. It's really sad to see the mentality of today's "men"...if they can really be called that. IF these women were lying and the guy in this case had any sort of proof that these were all lies that were causing him harm, then he would have won. Do a little research before you attack the victims!

tequila101

I'll never hire this lawyer what an idiot.

Frantic

Oh Look there's Gloria again ..... always on the wrong side of the fence of right and wrong to score a point and make a buck. What a s*** sucking schmoo she is. You suck !

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3