Bam Margera

I Spent a Night in Jail

FOR NOTHING

2/22/2012 3:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_09mh3ku4_0_7ohpw5l2
Bam Margera
still has no idea why he was arrested Monday in New Orleans -- telling TMZ Live, he was hauled to jail ... spent the night behind bars ... but was NEVER booked for a crime.

TMZ broke the story ... Bam was cuffed in the French Quarter after a Mardi Gras party -- when he jumped in to a pool, fully clothed.

But Bam insists, he didn't break the law -- and when he asked why he was brought in to the station in handcuffs, the cops couldn't give him an answer.

When he was released the next morning, Bam says he never received a ticket OR an explanation -- nothing. He's still stumped.

For the record -- we called police in New Orleans, and they didn't have any record of Bam in their system ... meaning he really wasn't booked for anything.

shagrath

LUV BAM, BUT IM SURE HE WAS RIPPED AT THE TIME....
YET NO CHARGES AGAINST HIM MEAN THE NOLA POLICE SUCK AZZ

ruby

The simple fact is he disregarded an order from the police. Pay attention and don't act like an ass during Mardi Gras. The NOPD doesn't play.

Scott

Sue them this bs get the cops fired

Chuck Daly

You'd think Bam was african american, getting that kind of treatment from the fuzz. Maybe he was wearing black face and the cops mistook his identity.

FROMLA

Welcome to New Orleans! It happens all the time!

JimmyCrapCorn

To the NOPD: Thank you very much! No one wants this washed up drunk old loser in the French Quarter.

jacksonfive210

Nola cops are crooked dbags. I got arrested for crossing a police line and it was my faught for sure but the cops pulled out my fake ID and I told one of them thats not my real ID it's my buddies and I was holding it for him and they told me to just go with it and it looked just like me and if I didnt go with it I would spend 2 weeks extra in their or some crazy crap I was like wtf.

Swins

Come on its called the drunk tank. Bring someone in who is on drugs or booze, let them sober up, let them go with no record which protects the drunken fool from having it on his record.

Dayna

Maybe they just needed to get the "jackass" off the street.

Jane

First, most people know NOLA cops at Mardi Gras have zero tolerance. Bam says he didn't do anything wrong. Does he even remember anything about the night before, much less what he might have done wrong? I tend to think they could have charged him with whatever it was he did that got him hauled into the jail, but decided not to because it was probably more trouble admin wise than it was worth, especially since he lives out of state. They just let him sober up in the clink where he couldn't hurt himself or others. Back in the day, that was pretty routine with a lot of police departments. Let a drunk sleep it off in jail and let him out the next day. No charges, no fuss.

ray

public intox and terminal stupidity. he was one of dozens of drunk fools arrested, held until the morning, and let go. he should STFU and thank god he wasn't charged.

joychowdhury

I really would like to know what in the world was he doing in bangladesh?

ray

do all you fools complaining about this drunks treatment, realize that you are basing all your BS on this drunks ONE SIDE OF THE STORY. 99% of people in prison "didn't do nutin"

DUH

HEY BAM!!! Welcome to the real world...this crap happens everyday. Don't feel sorry for you because you think you too famous to listen to the cops and get out the pool. They did end up catching your ass and locked u up! BAM!

DUH

BAM IS A FRICKIN IDIOT!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments