'Seinfeld' Star

Survives Suicide Attempt

'I've Shot Myself in the Head'

2/22/2012 12:04 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_10aps5wi_0_k91dhs70
Daniel von Bargen
-- who played Mr. Kruger in "Seinfeld" -- is clinging to life in an Ohio hospital after shooting himself in the head Monday morning in a failed suicide attempt ... and TMZ has the horrifying 911 tape in which he calls for help.

Daniel tells the 911 operator, "I've shot myself in the head ... and I need help."

The operator asks if it was an accident -- Daniel replies, "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to." Daniel says he's diabetic, explaining, "They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

The operator asks where the gunshot wound is -- Daniel replies, "I shot in my temple."

Law enforcement officials confirm they were dispatched to von Bargen's Cincinnati apartment complex a short time later -- and when they arrived, you can hear them on the 911 tape ... yelling at Daniel to keep his hands where they could see them.

Von Bargen -- who also played Chief Grady in "Super Troopers" -- was transported to a nearby hospital where he is currently in critical condition.

During the call, Daniel goes into even more graphic detail about his condition. Listen at your own discretion.

0221_daniel_von_bargen_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

JimmyMuga

shenanagans

Cornflake

Guess he found out there's no such thing as The Human Fund.

Craig

To me he was more known as George's boss Kruger on Seinfeld.

EatMe

If it was a suicide attempt, then why would he call 911? Shouldn't he have either shot himself again, or let himself bleed to death? This doesn't make sense.

Delaware D

What a crazy story!

Kaffee

How awful--just, how awful! I sincerely hope he survives.

Amber

Wow, seriously how do you fail at killing yourself by shooting yourself in the head?!?!? WTF???? Now your family/loved ones will ahve to take care of you, you selfish prick!!!!!!!!!!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

he T-boned himself

EatMe

You should have bleeped out his address and phone number! NOT COOL!!!

Ghost Rider

Thats some divine intervention there if you ask me. Not many people survive a shot to the temple.

hoosier

Exactly why I could never attempt it....Fail

Reyna38

idiot
............ dont talk about surviving a shot to the head... your an IDIOT big time......... shut up and hide....

Maverick

It's really sad to hear this.

Maybe Kim K Superstar could try this. She's already brain dead.

Jackie

That's bad.

K

So incredibly sad. I loved him in Malcolm in the middle. Hope he comes through this horrible experience and realizes life is precious and there is so much to live for.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments