Sacha Baron Cohen

Spills Ashes All Over

Ryan Seacrest

2/26/2012 5:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sacha Baron Cohen Spills Ashes All Over Ryan Seacrest
Sacha Baron Cohen took shameless promotion to a whole other level on the red carpet of the Oscars tonight -- not only did he show up dressed as his character from the upcoming movie "The Dictator" ... but he spilled an urn filled with fake ashes of Kim Jong Il all over Ryan Seacrest on live television.

Props to Seacrest though ... as he always does, Ryan took the whole thing in stride.

Johnny Handsome

what a farce, this is how desperate the Oscars have to get, to get people to watch this 3 hours of "look at me, I'm great, I'm a movie star kiss my a$$.

we should have award shows for the following:

Bricklayer, and the Oscar for best row of bricks goes to...

Garbage Man, and the Oscar for best over the should heave goes to...

Plumber: and the Oscar for best plunger rotation in an animated series goes to....

Joan K

I am not crazy about RS but I can't believe how anyone could think this was the least bit funny. It was immature and not funny at all. I can't stand this creepy guy Cohen and I hope it backfires right in his ugly azz face.

lisa2

funny imo
ryan has no sense of humor

PicoAliso

Sacha is the best!**** Seacrest.

Celena

Was that supposed to be funny? I didn't laugh. I thought it was just stupid.

Pam

What a stupid joke, I have never seen any of his movies and I never will. HE IS NOT FUNNY!

fran

I think its time for SBC to grow up..what he did was silly and childish, and so high school....Its not funny when you spoil someone else' evening to try to focus attention on yourself....glad he got kicked out, he is rude and NOT funny, send him packing he is a idiot.

NYOscarFan

Cohen should save his stupidity for the MTV Movie Awards. The Oscars are celebrating the nominees not self promoting garbage which is no where near funny and total without class. Cohen is such a waste of time.

Bec215

The reason the Academy banned him originally from coming in costume is that they have a rule that you cannot promote a film or project during the Awards - so the fact he got a waiver was extraordinarily gracious of them. He's an ass and I hope his movie tanks. Even my Jackass-loving boyfriend thought it was a tacky, 'high-school' prank. It's sad anyone thought it was funny.

himminy

I LOVE IT! was already planning on watching this movie when it comes out. now i definitely am. which was sacha's intentions, obviously he pulled this stunt to get publicity and boost movie ticket sales. well sacha is a genius. i guarantee because of last night's stunt he just boosted this movie's revenue by probably at least $10+ million, probably much more. sounds like the joke is on all of sacha's haters.

She's baaaack

hahaha funny man. It's a shame that he craves attention so much that he is willing to humiliate another person, even if it is Seacrest. That's the things about azz-wholes, give them enough time and they proudly tell you that that is exactly what they are. Cohen? You're the king of the azz-wholes.

Judy

I am so sick of the red carpet..Why don,t they show the people who are attending the show.The people who are nominated will be scene for three hours anyway..Same goes for the presenters.Show all the old stars attending.That's who the people at home what to see.

Tia C

I cannot STAND Sacha Cohen. Idiotic arrogant a-hole.

red

He truly is a ****tator. What an ass. Ryan took it like a champ. Would have liked to see him knock his lights out though!

R

The security pulling him away and him continuing to spill the ashes looked really fake and pre-set up. When he first came over and then spilled those ashes on Ryan I laughed even though I thought the whole thing was rigged. Seacrest even said he always has an extra jacket on hand. Hmmm. But I think that in this dictator getup Sacha Baron Cohen looks more like it's Adam Sandler and I think Adam Sandler would have been funnier.