Halle Berry

Fires Longtime Lawyer

Hires Legal Bulldozer

3/1/2012 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0229-halle_berry_steven_kolodny_tmzgetty-EXHalle Berry has dumped another man ... but this one has been with her way longer than all the others -- her longtime lawyer/confidante, Neal Hersh ... TMZ has learned.

Here's the lowdown. Our sources tell us Halle wants to go after her baby daddy Gabriel Aubry with nuclear weapons -- metaphorically speaking -- and she thinks Hersh is too much of a gentleman to wage that kind of legal war, even though he has guided Halle through 2 divorces, a custody war and various other legal skirmishes.

So we've learned Halle has hired Stephen Kolodny (above), who is legendary in L.A. legal circles for the level of legal warfare she so wants. You may recall Kolodny repped Mel Gibson in his epic battle with Oksana Grigorieva -- and that got kinda nasty.

Kolodny has already gone to court with Halle. We've learned last Thursday the new duo went to dependency court to have more restrictions placed on Aubry. The dependency judge has already ordered that Gabriel can only have contact with Nahla in the presence of a monitor. On Thursday, we're told the judge voiced additional concerns and ordered Gabriel to return the child to Halle earlier than the 6 PM deadline on days he has custody.

Kolodny will have his hands full trying to convince the family law judge that Halle should be able to move to France with the child because she's concerned about paparazzi and safety.

One thing's for sure ... it's gonna get nasty.

Hersh and Kolodny could not be reached for comment.

0123_halle_gabriel_footer

Emjay

As the product in one of the nastiest divorces in my states history I can categorically say that Halle Berry is alienating her daughter. My mother acted like this and even though the divorce happened when I was 3 the way she limited my time with my dad irrevocably ruined my relationship with her 20 years later.
STOP Halle for the long run of the relationship with your daughter. If possible I believe a relationship with both parents is what is best for the child.

lyn

Didn't David say she was one of the craziest women that he had ever met? She might be easy on the eyes but all of pistons aren't firing at the same time.

minnietx

Family court is a gamble, you never know which way the gavel will fall. She better be careful the judge may see thru her lies, and she may be paying child support. She needs to be nice and settle out of court, how stupid she is. Very selfish to let strangers decide the fate of your child. He may have anger issues because SHE IS KEEPING HIM FROM HIS CHILD. What an idiot she is!! With all her money I'm sure she could pound out some visitation settlement with the father!! He needs to call that father hotline for help...

RaineeDrops

Her history regarding relationships with men (boyfriends or not) says volumes.

It is as if she cannot get along with any man and in a sick way, needs to control the men or emasculate them in the public to feel good about herself.

There are reasons when a person cannot get along or work with others, it not always is the other person, it sometimes is the common denominator in the equation, her, perhaps.

God help that little girl who she is trying to manically and manipulatively to alienate from her father.

I think she is malignant, toxic person. Malicious and won't look inward at her own shortcomings or why her she creates her cir***stances to always be surrounded with drama, chaos, histrionics.

RaineeDrops

I bet this lawyer is SO RELIEVED!

nikki6

Personally I think the reason she wants sole custody and wants Gabe out of the picture is because she doesn't want to have to pay him child support. I am sure she has to pay him monthly, just like Britney Spears. Get over it Halle, you had a kid with this guy act like an adult!

RaineeDrops

Judges pay attention to the firing of lawyers, red flags for if the individual has difficulty getting along with others.

Halle thinks it is her world and others just live in it, and everything has to be how she wants it to be. No flexibility, no humility, no accounting for her own faults that could help bend or repair relations.

Narcissists like to hurt others who reject them or whom they cannot control to cater to their lives. They will emasculate, put down, manipulate others just to get what they want, not caring if it hurts anyone around them. If they are challenged, confronted or exposed for being selfish and hurtful, they will retaliate and make one's life miserable and seek joy out of doing so. Sick.

The best thing to do with a Narcissist is, run far far away from them, don't let them into your life, don't let them have contact with you. It will drive them insane and they will eventually self implode or be shown for the deviant character they are.

Her poor daughter.

Abby

If this little girl doesn't like her Daddy more than her Mom it won't be long until she does. As a matter of fact, she'll end up totally disliking her Mother for putting restraints and distance between her and her Dad.

me

Baby owning Ho!

Just like my ex daughter in law!

What kind of mother does not want the father to spend time with their children?

Grow up!

river rat

The more I read about this woman, the less I like her. You can bet I will never, ever pay to see one of her films! This is a mean, vindictive thing you're doing, Ms. Berry. Karma has a way.....karma has a way!

Legit

10 years ago, if you would have told me I would hate Halle this much. I would have called you a fool. Now, I hope the bitch gets what she deserves.

Slick

Sorry Halle, but I went from thinking you were beautiful, both inside and out, to thinking you are just plain ugly! I really can't stand that woman anymore. Money will ruin this father, and his relationship with his daughter.

LaLa

Halle Berry eventually has major issues with every man shes ever had in her life. I think its safe to say shes an antagonist in a lot of this and that her baby daddy is not a monster. She is a self centered selfish movie star who doesnt want to share her daughter. I hope he keeps fighting her and wins. He obviously wants his daughter in his life. A lesser man would have given up and walked away a while ago.

John

Halle Berry has all these psychological,relationship problems because she was molested by her own father!She had a poor relationship with her mother until recently!Does not even talk to her own sister, and blames every guy when the relationship fails!

Gail

Wish Halle would read all these negative comments here and realize how wrong she is