Davy Jones

To Be Buried in Florida

3/2/2012 11:33 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0301_davy_jones_BN_01
Davy Jones will be buried in Florida, a rep for the Monkees legend said today, but no timetable for the funeral has been set.

Public memorials are being planned for New York and the UK as well, but no dates have been announced for those either.

As TMZ first reported, Jones died Wednesday in Florida as the result of a heart attack.

His rep released a statement today, saying, "Jones died after spending a happy family weekend with his wife, Jessica Pacheco, and her family riding horses."

The rep added, "There was no sign of illness or of anything being wrong. He died of a massive heart attack while back at the stables with his horses. The medical examiner has confirmed his cause of death."

0229_davy_jones_remembering_footer

Bu

RIP David Jones...This is so sad.

Penelope

Had to scroll thru 10 tmz non-celebrity stories to finally get to a celebrity story. Davey Jones was a celebrity and much more loved then recent celebrities that have passed. Generations of fans loved him. Just a shame that he had no warning signs that his ticker was bad.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

the cover-up begins

Erika

No public memorial in Los Angeles? *sigh*

mariam

Saw him when I was 10 at Crystal Palace UK . I loved the monkeys so funny but best star was davy Jones what a shame.

Mbd

5. Chuck: 1 day ago

I wonder if Florida will lower their flags to half mast, like they did in Jersey for the Drug Addict...............
To Chuck, I wonder the same thing. I have not seen or heard much of anything concerning the death of Davey Jones. It;s sad when a decent person is almost forgotten about but a druggie gets a big send off!!! Disgusting!!!

Nolan Weiss

Davy hated TMZ - called Harvey Levin Gay!

Angee

Yardley of London ... Twiggy ... Sonny & pre-Greg-Allman-and-cosmetic surgery Cher ... playing Monkees 45's on my little mini record player in the back yard in Buffalo, NY and dancing with my stringy hair parted on the side ... my neon yellow plastic "mod" wrist watch with roman numerals ... shiny white lipstick which brought out the yellow in my teeth... the Brady Bunch and Davy Jones. Fishnet stockings and go-go boots. When any of them die, so does a part of me. RIP Davy. :o(

daytime

The Monkees were well loved and the show-the Monkees was fun show-really happy with always a long by the group of a performance. They all seemed like a bunch of fun loving young men.

THE BEAVER

THE BEAVER: less than a minute ago

look at this link, it tells you about Davy.

If it don't work for ya, just type in www.findagrave.com

On the left side, you will see a list and there is a.. find a gave of a famous person one. Click on it, and type in Davy Jones, or his full name, if you know it. Davy Jones will work tho.

You can leave a note and flowers there for Davy.

I think this site is so cool !!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3