« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

My Unborn Baby

Did Not Survive the Birth

3/7/2012 12:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

WWE star Kia Stevens
WWE star Kia "Kharma" Stevens did not deliver a healthy baby boy on December 31st, despite what she told friends. Kia tells TMZ the child tragically died before she was able to give birth.

Kia tells us she is still devastated over the loss ... and initially lied to friends about the child being "healthy" because she was incredibly emotional and was afraid to tell the public the truth after announcing her pregnancy on live TV.

Kia says she's finally coming to grips with everything ... and wants to help other women in her situation.

"I am planning to start a foundation for women that have experienced the same thing" ... Kia says ... adding, "It's a bigger club than people think."

Kia tells us she's already organizing several events to raise awareness ... and will have information about her foundation available on her Twitter page in the near future.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

edswoggle

Some of you people are just cruel. I'm so sad to hear about Kia's loss- I can't imagine much that would be more devastating. My heart goes out to her.

Sarafina

I feel really awful for her. And to feel scared not to tell friends; well, she must have been living her own private hell. Hopefully she is feeling better. Good luck with her foundation and hope she finds peace.

RD

I feel sorry for the lady but what a dumbass. Maybe she shouldn't have anymore kids if she can't tell even her friends the truth.

Rob

I am not trying to sound mean or anything so don't take it that way,But it must be harder for a woman then a man after this type of tragic loss, All I can say is I feel really awful for Ms. Stevens Yes I am a Wrestling fan I know who she is but this is not wrestling so I am not going to call her Kharma I am going to call her by her real name because this is real life and to all the people who have made fun of her and made cruel remarks about her Man I hope nothing happens like this to you and your love ones some of you people are just sick in the head and need some damn help.

Steve

Our hearts go out to Kia. My wife and I know exactly what she was going through, as our son was stillborn in January 2011 due to a cord accident. It is something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

That's because men can hold a pregnancy.

Brad

damn...this is sad to hear. keep your head held up high Awesome Kong. and after reading a tagline to my right that says "Elizabeth Berkely -- I'M PREGNANT (I'm so excited!)"
that b_tch better pray that Kharma doesn't go to her house and break her in half.

I hope that the wwe and vkm doesn't make this into one of their storylines because if vkm did...he is nothing more than a piece of S_it.

O_o

ugh...that's so sad. my heart goes out to her. nice idea for the charity though!

tori

Sounds like the baby was born sleeping. This is much more common then people know. Many babies die in utero and are fullterm babies. Sometimes going through a tragedy helps one become aware of the need for education and support for others going through the same thing. This is a horrible situation that can have something good come from it. To all the haters - hope you never have to suffer such a loss!!

ddc

Birth defects can devastate the parents for years unless they get help or have a healing ceremony. My conjoined twins were stillborn and I had shame for years until I came to grips with it. It's not your fault! I don't know your situation, but my heart goes out to you Kia!

cjs

So very sad for her. I think Barbara Eden had a similar experience.

The PMG

That's just horrible, the same thing happened to my sister. Stay strong, Kharma! Hope to see you back in the ring soon!

SusanCoyote

Ummm... are we sure she didn't ... eat the baby?

nina aoki

I'd like a refund, better yet; Keep your change and ignorant post.

MyOpinionOnly

Awww...that's awful for her. My heart goes out to her since its hard enough to lose a child due to a miscarriage but it must be 10 x harder when you go through all the steps and don't make it through the birth. Hope she helps make someone else's pain a little easier and good luck to her in the future.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments