« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Eddie George

I Was NOT Cheating On My Wife

3/8/2012 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie George is adamant... he is JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor
Retired NFL superstar Eddie George is adamant ... he's JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor ... despite the fact he was a passenger in her car when she was busted for DUI at 2 AM this week.

George -- who's been married to singer Tamara Johnson since 2004 -- tells TMZ ... Connor was "simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride" Wednesday morning after a golf event in Florida.

0308_eddie_george_subasset
George says he "realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all."

He was wrong ... allegedly. As TMZ first reported, cops believe Connor was HAMMERED ... because she could barely walk, couldn't count and reeked of booze. George was never accused of any wrongdoing.

Still, George reiterates, "Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride."

Here's Eddie's entire statement:

"As part of a two-day charity golf event, a group of us who had played together on Tuesday celebrated at dinner.  The group included Rachel Connor."

"After dinner, as everyone left the restaurant together, we realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all.  We were stopped shortly after we left."

"At first, I hesitated to respond to this story. But I now see that people are willing to think the worst. So my wife, Tamara , and I believe we have to address this."

"Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride. No one in our group felt she was impaired or we all would have stopped her from driving."
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ActorMike

I was not cheating......YET.

Cricket

Blah Blah Blah. I'm not convinced.

ActorMike

....offering me a ride....lol Got pulled over first though.

Yolanda

Because OBVIOUSLY a CAB wouldn't be headed your way.........*cough* bullsh@t *cough*

Ginger Sims

I had no idea that Eddie George was straight.

voteisland.com

Did they check his text messages or is he smarter than Tiger Woods?

The Love Sponge

A drunk blonde white women and a former NFL superstar. It was only just a ride home? Try not to bust out of your pants black man.

wifey2larry

Yeah ok Eddie.
Eddie is lucky he only got caught riding in this bimbo's car. It could have ended as in another Steve McNair...Just sayin... Besides Raj is WAAAAY cuter and classier then the drunk bimbo.

Mel Zipskin

Certain men think that certain women are better than their clan, popular culture proves how much they diss them, but only foolish women want a man who dogs his own people out, this fool has a good wife at home, she is very pretty, too. Dumb fool, women are all the same. He was on a poon hunt!!! I hope his wife is reading this

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

This sort of reminds me of the time when Eddie Murphy picked up a tranny prostitute and then claimed to police that he was just offering her a ride.... except this time after looking up pictures of his wife I'd say she's the tranny in the story.
Can't blame this guy for wanting to bang the golfer girl.

tgrfan42069

y wasnt his wife with him...he was gonna get up in dat ass

starfe

Eddie its ok to get a piece every now and then

not to worry the wife won't care

RaineeDrops

Uh huh. Trying to save face.
You got caught buddy, with a drunk girl, had to of been a motive to be with her. Sure you could have otherwise gotten a ride from a MALE buddy not a drunk FEMALE.

Hope he does not think he can insult his wife's intelligence like this.

Cognizant _illiberal

that golfer girl is not a looker if you have seen her in real life and she is not even close to being a millionaire she was gold digging

Pudding Tang

i dunno why Eddie would cheat, his wife is not a thuggette or anything

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments