« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Eddie George

I Was NOT Cheating On My Wife

3/8/2012 3:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie George is adamant... he is JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor
Retired NFL superstar Eddie George is adamant ... he's JUST FRIENDS with pro golfer Rachel Connor ... despite the fact he was a passenger in her car when she was busted for DUI at 2 AM this week.

George -- who's been married to singer Tamara Johnson since 2004 -- tells TMZ ... Connor was "simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride" Wednesday morning after a golf event in Florida.

0308_eddie_george_subasset
George says he "realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all."

He was wrong ... allegedly. As TMZ first reported, cops believe Connor was HAMMERED ... because she could barely walk, couldn't count and reeked of booze. George was never accused of any wrongdoing.

Still, George reiterates, "Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride."

Here's Eddie's entire statement:

"As part of a two-day charity golf event, a group of us who had played together on Tuesday celebrated at dinner.  The group included Rachel Connor."

"After dinner, as everyone left the restaurant together, we realized that Rachel lived the closest to where I was staying. So she offered to drop me off.  I believed her to be competent to drive and not impaired at all.  We were stopped shortly after we left."

"At first, I hesitated to respond to this story. But I now see that people are willing to think the worst. So my wife, Tamara , and I believe we have to address this."

"Rachel Connor was simply trying to be nice by offering me a ride. No one in our group felt she was impaired or we all would have stopped her from driving."
For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Donna

Did he talk to Eddie Murphy and Hugh Grant about what to say before coming up with that lame story?

Someone's goldfish

What's worse: she was driving despite being highly intoxicated or that he thought she was competent to drive?

CrisDizzle

C'mon Eddie... that like saying Kobe never ever cheated on Vanessa!

Dylan

i just saw a picture of his wfie tamara johnson. now i know why he was about to do this white chick.
major upgrade. younger. hotter.
99 percent of guys would have done the same thing.
hopefully he got some action in the car before they drove off.

Drk Gntlmn

Sounds like Eddie was the one who got BUSTED. He is an OSU jerk off. How about you had the drunk blond give you a ride, so she could give you one in return!

Troika

He may not have slept with her but I've seen him with lots of white women on his arm in Columbus Ohio...

remy

she's telling the truth. i've slept with rachel connor many times and i know for a fact she only likes white guys

Mahesh Kumar

Is it?

rhode

Just "a friend" ?!? He's cheating!!!! Any woman who has been told that knows that is the truth!!!! Don't wait, divorce now!!!! Unless he's gay, he has a woman "friend" for a reason!!!!

James

I'd hit it

pooch

She just wanted to kiss his putter.

Truth

Black men believe that by being with a white girl that their stock will go up. Once you go white you know you did right!

stargazer

@ mack, judging from this miss piggy, Eddie certainly downgraded from his wife, that's for sure.

stargazer

Eddie's stock just went down, so did miss piggys. lol
Dont believe the hype Nicole and Oj, Tiger and Ellin. There stock has hit rock bottom.

MJ Roth

Full of ****! Noone, not even Jesus Christ, should try to talk himselve out of that situation. It did not happen because she got pulled over.