'American Idol' Contestant

Shovels B.S.

To Get Sympathy Vote

3/13/2012 12:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jones
Jermaine Jones
-- the 6'8" gentle giant on "American Idol" -- has big problems with the truth, because he fabricated a sob story to "A.I." producers to win the hearts and minds of the American people.

"A.I." sources told TMZ ... last week, after appearing on the show ... Jermaine came to them and said his dad called him from out of the blue, claiming pops abandoned him and his mom 10 years ago.  Jermaine told producers he was extremely upset that his dad suddenly reappeared in his life now that he was famous and potentially rich. Jermaine said his dad was "a lousy father" and wanted nothing to do with him.

Well TMZ spoke with Jermaine's dad, Kevin Jones, who says the sob story is absurd  -- that he has had an ongoing relationship with the young man through the years and even had dinner with him on both Wednesday and Thursday night of last week.

Kevin also says his son was not telling the truth about getting a phone call from out of the blue -- Kevin says he was actually in the audience last week supporting his child.

We spoke with production people on "Idol" who tell us they are "shocked" Jermaine concocted the story and it seems like it was all a ploy to get some traction on the show.

We could not reach Jermaine for comment.

Little Ricky on "I Love Lucy"

'Memba Him?!

0110_welcome_ricky_memba_launchKeith Thibodeaux became famous for playing Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz's son, Little Ricky, on the classic '50s TV series "I Love Lucy." Guess what he looks like now!

Daylight Savings Time

STARS LOOKIN' SLEEPY!

0309_sleepy_launchAs the world springs their clocks forward an hour this week, check out which stars look like they are feelin' the effects of losing the extra snooze time!

Dueling Dresses

Who's More Stylish?

0313_welcome_dash_launch

Kendall Jenner raided her sister Kim Kardashian's closet last night for the premiere of "The Hunger Games" -- wearing a dress Kim wore back in 2010.

But who wore it better? See more fashionistas who've donned the same dress as somebody else above and vote for the more stylish star!

Donald Trump's Sons

Ignite War

Over Animal Butchery

0312_trump_hunting_launch_EX_v3
Donald Trump
's two sons went on a big game hunt in Africa, and the carnage they wrought has triggered outrage by wildlife enthusiasts.

Donald's sons -- Donald Jr. and Eric -- went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago this month, and proudly showed off their trophy kills -- including an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and water buck.

In one shot, Donald Jr. is holding a dead elephant's tail in one hand and a knife which appears to have cut off the tail in another.

A wildlife enthusiast's website has just created a YouTube video of the slaughter expressing outrage.

As for Donald Trump, he tells TMZ, "My sons love hunting. They're hunters and they've become good at it.  I am not a believer in hunting and I'm surprised they like it."

Trump added, "I know that anything they did was 100% OK in terms of the hunting community."

"Bachelor" & "Bachelorette"

Couples Then & Now!

0313_welcome_bach2_launch

Ben Flajnik popped the question to Courtney Robertson on last night's season finale of "The Bachelor" -- but will they make it?

Check out all 24 couples from all the previous seasons of "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" and find out if any of them are still together.

"The Hunger Games"

Jennifer & Miley Show Skin

At Premiere!

0313_welcome_hunger_launch

The red carpet for the premiere of "The Hunger Games" was jam-packed with stars last night in L.A. -- where Jennifer Lawrence and Miley Cyrus showed some serious skin.

See their premiere looks, plus shots of Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks and more!

Chaz

professional victim rewarded

Chaz

professional victim!

Tara

I thought the show is about talent, not the degree of the sob story

lmf

I don't think anyone's personal story should be told to the viewers. Just tell us name, age, hometown and keep the details untold. It does sway some people to vote. I have to say I think this guy has an awesome voice but is there a little bit of sympathy there? yes, there is. Although they all have a story not just Jermaine. But uh oh, shouldn't have b.s'ed us. hehehe

Robert

"Jermaine Jones" is a living, breathing ni##er, ain't he! they'll ALl lie, cheat, steal, maim, &/or murder to get what they want -- and not think twice about it, because NONE of 'em have a ounce of conscience! I wouldn't trust one NO further than I could chunk it's sorry ass!

johnny

who hasnt lied or slept there way to the top - everyone is doing

johnny

everyone lies or sleeps there way to the top -- its the thing to do

Timmy

I love these results to this happening... Gives the show a low blow an gives it the looks towards the true reality of what type of BULL**** it really is... I never have watched it in the first place... All those who have voted on this Character shows themselves what kind of Idiots you each truely are...

M J

Jermaines mothers name is Katrice.....his aunt leads praise and worship at our church. In fact there was a shot of Jermaine singing on our stage when he was first auditioning. Not that anyone on here knows me, but I know his family and he did NOT make any of that up! So....what?....You are so very ready to believe a dead-beat dad because you want to believe the worst about people? You believe TMZ?.....SERIOUSLY??? What else would a dead-beat dad say? What else would TMZ try to report? That's what trifling fathers and men do.....think about only themselves at all cost! That's what TMZ does....report the story that will sell......whether true or not.....and some of you chose to believe it on the mere fact that you simply WANT to believe it. But don't worry either way....the truth will come to light! (You won't find it on TMZ though)

joleea3

Well you got to figure one is lying. Which one?????????

RUKidding

Oh Man, Seeing Donald Trump's son standing there with that tail in his hand, makes me ill. How truly awful! I really don't want to see that. This has to stop, it is out right killing and madness. Such a beautiful animal. I thought the Trumps were better then that. Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie

Knew there was something I don't like about this guy. Great voice tho.

Hoey

What a doushebag I see where someone on here is making excuses about lying there is no excuse for being a doushe bag of a liar.

Joellen Hall

This is one of the reasons why I finally quite watching American Idol. Besides being completely nauseated at the judges repeating the same accolades over and over again, I got sick of all the sob stories, most of which I don't believe. This guy is just one of many. Funny, but I used to think I just couldn't miss American Idol.....and now, I don't even think about it.

Zeeman

American Idol should base the whole show on TALENT,not
sobs,tears and bull**** stories.
They have let too many people "thru " on the stories
these folks tell [Sympathy Votes ]