Bear Grylls

FIRED By Discovery Channel

3/13/2012 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0313_bear_grylls_tmz_BN
For the first time in his career, "Man vs. Wild" star Bear Grylls has failed to survive ... at the Discovery Channel -- because the network just fired him.

A rep for Discovery tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Due to a continuing contractual dispute with Bear Grylls, Discovery has terminated all current productions with him."

Sources tell THR, the relationship came to a screeching halt after 37-year-old Grylls refused to participate in two mystery projects he was contracted for.

Grylls originally partnered with Discovery in 2006 when "Man vs. Wild" premiered on the network. So far, no word on Grylls' next move ... though it will probably somehow involve him drinking his own urine.

shelley gross

I love the guy.

Hoggie

He is a bad ass who demonstrated awesome techniques. Why would anyone call him a fake? Its a TV SHOW! Les Stroud is boring and just sits in one place and films himself.
I thought the show was great and will miss Bear. Someone will snap him up and make a better show. I think what he demonstrated along with an awesome crew to follow him to some of the harshest environments on the planet.
All the ney sayers on here wouldnt make it a day even on the shoots Bear does. Its "demonstration" not "put me here and see if I can survive"

Idiots....

Jon

FYI this show is FAKE!..he is given ahead of time all details about where he is going and what he is going to do by other professionals on the show

guk

gj

Devin

Um.. Are you sure that pic isn't of Ty from Extreme Makeover Home Edition?

Jane

Now that he's fired, he's free to roam the earth and drink all the piss he wants!

^ picture related (Afghanistan)

Cirrus Unicus

Les Stroud > Bear Grylls. Every day. Twice on Sunday.

sandy ng

dual survivors,Hawk and his wife sucks!

Stevie

He sucks Les Stroud was a true survivor this pansy stayed in motels and drank his own pee along with eating his famous own turd sandwiches.

Firefly

I have found myself in some hairy situations that most folk wouldn't put themselves in while doing a hobby of mine. I loved to watch how he got himself out of situations that could help me in the future when I'm stuck on a cliff hanging by my fingers or stuggling to make it out of canyons when your route has been cut off by landslides or water or what you can eat if your food gets stolen by critters. I have read everything about survival but I enjoy watching someone else live the experience for me so that I see how they would react in real life. I read the disclaimer at the end of the show about staying in hotels when needed but that is ok just as long as he goes back out there and finishes up what he started the next morning. I don't want to see any one die for our entertainment. So if I learn something that can help me if I ever need it, well then Bear served his purpose. As for Les, I love watching him also, he seems less extreme and more informative.

Patti

He has been doing shows for the BBC and touring a show around Britain so I am not sure he'll miss the Discovery Channel. Maybe he just wants to spend time at home.

Nick

Bear Grylls doesn't quit. His manliness scares the boss into firing him, so he doesn't have to do the work.

C

i read the whole thing in a bear grylls voice

joeyups

Les stroud would die before bear in a real situation.. Two different shows and meanings anyway. cant really compare.. Bear just goes through examples of survival. his pint is to get out asap. as les sits in the shade because the sun is wearing him out and he should probly rest as bear says ill eat this eye its got a lot of VITIMINS in his accent haha and pushes on.. I do like Les but the cameras he carries yea its tough but he bitches about them all the time. He whines about everything. Bea dont. And he aint a fraud. Read the writing on the screen before the show starts. It explains. I like them both but I like Les less!!

spencer

Got fired.... Better drink my own piss

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments