Rihanna

I Reached Out to Chris Brown

... 'Cause He's HOT

3/15/2012 9:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_etwby94w_0_uq780afk
Screw the brutal, face-smashing beating in 2009 ... Chris Brown is the HOTTEST R&B artist out right now -- which is why Rihanna says she reached out to CB to collaborate on two new songs.

Rihanna called Ryan Seacrest this morning on KIIS FM, explaining her choice to record two duets with the man who brutalized her three years ago -- "I reached out to him about doing ‘Birthday Cake’ because that’s the only person that really -- it made sense to do the record. Just as a musician -- despite everything else -- that was going to be the person."

She said, "I thought about rappers, and I’ve done that so many times, and the hottest R&B artist out right now is Chris Brown. So I wanted him on the track."

It's not personal ... it's business ... right?

The TRUTH!!!

When you do things that dont make sense...that are outside of COMMON sense...that make no moral sense and only for money...in my opinion...that make u a wh*re. She needs a head check...DR. DREW...DR PHIL...Doctor Doctor...plz talk to this GIRL! REHAB...

Gail

Don't care and why would I? I don't know either of them!

Kamila

Abused women TYPICALLY return to men who have abused them... Rihanna's behavior doesn't surprise me. What I think people should be more disgusted by is a justice system which allows a person to beat another the way he did her and get probation and no JAIL TIME, and an entertainment industry / society that awards that person with a GRAMMY. It's no shocker that a woman who has low self esteem returns to a man who beat her. What is the excuse for the judge who allowed him to get off with NO JAIL TIME? What's the excuse for the Grammy Awards? and again... WHY the HELL hasn't he been arrested for the phone robbery in Miami? Who is protecting him? Can TMZ find out what the hold up is there?! If Chris Brown had hit a dog he would have suffered stiffer penalties.. Michael Vick... But hey this was just a woman so who cares... let's just get him some anger management classes... puhleaze!

tellmeaboutit

She needs to rent a guy to punch her out once in awhile until she can get back with her favorite woman beater. She just keeps sinking deeper and deeper in Stupid Lake.

lake

Check some airplay and uploads, and ask most people who is going to replace R Kelly as king of R&B....

it's Usher.

shug gilchrist

Who cares what CB did to her , her music as well as his is hot.

AnnieAreYouOkay

I've lost all respect I had for Rihanna. Her original reactions against Chris Brown's domestic abuse were good as she fought against it - she didn't suffer in silence. Which was a fantastic lesson for children who look up to her to learn. Yet now, on top of the fact that for some bizarre reason the music industry has actually allowed Chris Brown to continue his music career, the fact that Rihanna seems to have also forgotten his actions, is just once again teaching society or most importantly children of today that domestic violence is acceptable.

tonia

some people will never let it end and wanna still be mad at chris get over it noone knows what rihanna did that night either and the way she acting im pretty sure she wasnt such a innoce party its never ok to hit someone but everyone is going off those grainy leaked photos that werent as brutal as the media hyped it up to be thats there job to make everything bigger then it is and to use words like attack brutal bashed mangled the picture looked like she had a scratch lip and a bruise not face bashing on concerte like the media protrayed you got people that done publically gotten away with murder but no one cant get over two teens at the time getting into a fight

aliah

she looks like a schoolbike

aliah

she is a schoolbike

FlamingoNut

When is her picture going to appear in the dictionary under "dumbass"?

Nerdish

OMG! This is really s&m.

Jean

BITCH PLEASE..YOU KNOW YOU LIKE TO BE SMACKED ON THE FOREHEAD.

JacklynD

It is painful to read statements like this from Rihanna. I hope she matures sooner rather than later and recognizes that Chris Brown is not cool. I hope she is not the sad needy door mat she appears to be.

Sandy

Good way to lose a career - Whitney Houston ring a bell? I guess she gets what she deserves now. Surely not a great representative for females.