« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

John Cena

Rear-Ended

Ok to Fight The Rock

3/19/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0319_john_cena_bn
John Cena was involved in a car crash today -- the fomer WWE champ was rear-ended by a tractor trailer, but we're told he's ok and his epic upcoming fight with The Rock is not in jeopardy.

Cena was traveling in an SUV in Philadelphia when he was hit. We're told he is going to get checked out but right now it doesn't seem he was injured ... although signs of whiplash often don't show up for a day or two.

Cena is set to face off with The Rock on April 1 -- and the match has become one of the most anticipated in wrestling history.

1208_wrasslin_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Smarg

FIRST!!

Smarg

"Fight"?? You call pro wrasslin' a "fight"??

Only grannies and the mentally handicapped regard this as real.

Mazor

You have to be ok to pretend to fight???????

sPaNkdEnALgAs

Not much of a wrestling fan (Ok, maybe when I was a kid) but I'm looking forward to seeing this one. I'm rooting for the Rock but since his time is so tied up with filming, I say Cena will take it. Thoughts?

DubstepDistribution

Ok, wrestling is fake but how do you fake a body slam o being thrown through the air?

miznikki

Was the Rock driving that tractor n trailer lol glad his fruity pepple self is ok.

D-INCARNATION

That would be a riot if he couldn't do the Wrestlemania match that's been a year in the making, and it would piss off Dwane.

John

I wonder how many marriages this guy could break up merely by walking down Santa Monica Blvd?

The PMG

You all call wrestling fake (it's scripted, big difference) but shows like the Kardashians and Jersey Shore are real?

AceBobcat

Jesus ****ing Christ I'm sick and tired of all of you saying "Derp, wrassin' be faik herpa derrrp!"
No ****. We know the outcome is in fact predetermined, however, I would LOVE one of you guys to take a chair shot to the face, not not have it hurt like hell. I'd like to see you all tackle a guy off a 20 foot ladder and not get hurt.

There are in fact certain methods that wrestlers use to protect themselves from any REAL damage, but they don't always work. Ask anyone. In wrestling, there's this thing called a "botch," where a move doesn't go exactly as planned, and one guy ACTUALLY gets hurt. Ooooh, someone actually getting hurt in wrestling? Why, that's unheard of! Because we all know that "Wrasslin' is FAKE, right?"
I hate using this example by calling it a botch, because I have too much respect for Bret, but look at Owen Hart. The guy was killed after jumping from the rafters to make his grand entrance. He was supposed to be slowly lowered into the ring, but something went screwy with the lowering mechanism, and so he ended up dropping about 80 feet to his death.
Let's take Psycho Sid too. Just google "Psycho Sid injury" and you'll see how much his leg was messed up. Now let me ask you this, do you honestly think that with your leg broken that badly, you could get back up and still preform?

Now let's take a look at two more recent examples, the more tragic of the two being Jesse Sorensen who received a C-1 vertebrae fracture after a botch. Last I heard, he'll be out for a year.

Now let's move on to Wade Barrett who suffered a dislocated elbow almost exactly a month ago.

Now, do you think acrobats have to be in tip top shape in order to preform? Then what makes wrestlers any different.

I could continue with this list forever, but I think I've made my point.

BobDaBuilder

Damn AceBobcat... sensitive much? lmao

Mark

I know this may sound horrible, but I am disappointed that he isn't injured, I mean not like so injured that he would never be able to wrestle again, but injured enough to not let him fight at 'Mania. I mean, WWE has been promoting this match for the best part of a year now, and I would love to see their big plans go up in smoke this close to 'Mania.

M

As a former indy wrestler. Yes it's all pre determined but what these people do is no joke. They take brutality for 320 days a year.

bunny

No, the most anticipated was the Rock vs Hulk Hogan.

Mis

Wrestling is so gay, it makes gays ashamed

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments