'One Tree Hill' Star

I'm Divorcing My Husband

... and Changing My Name Back

3/20/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bethany Joy Galeotti
"One Tree Hill" star Bethany Joy Galeotti -- who plays Haley on the show -- is calling off her marriage to her musician husband Michael Galeotti ... and says she's already mentally preparing to ditch his last name.

Bethany made the announcement on her blog ... writing, "I'm sorry to say that Michael and I have decided to divorce. We remain friendly and dedicated to raising our beautiful girl."

She continued, "The only reason I'm saying anything about this at all is because you'll all be wondering soon why everyone is calling me 'Bethany Joy Lenz' again."

The two married in 2005. Bethany gave birth to their daughter Maria, their only child, in February 2011.

0104_split_stars_footer

csla

Dear Love My Fans,
You're a rude moron. But who cares, right? What was it you said? Boring? Keep your ****ty comments to yourself.

Swins

Who and what show?

edswoggle

murr

Hey ! No one cares what name you use. Another inflated ego.

Mumra the Ever Living

The response to this has been monumental! Less than 10 comments in over 9 hours. Hey Sweetie, no one has any idea who Bethany Joy Galeotti is. You won't even get a good table at the Red Lobster if you change your name to Bethany Joy Lenz. Actually, I guess no one has any idea who Bethany Joy Galeotti is either.

Lauren

This is sad. I've been a huge fan of Joy for all nine seasons and she has been the main reason that I continued watching the show. I know divorce can be painful but she is a very strong women and I know she will be fine. Not to mention, she is an amazing talent and I'm sure she'll have an incredible future. If all goes well, I will get to meet her next month at the Nicholas Sparks charity weekend in NC.

Lauren

And one last thing, for all you angry bed-ridden naysayers, BJL has a very large and loyal fanbase. https://twitter.com/#!/BethanyJoyLenz

Lauren

This is so sad. I've been a huge fan of Joy for all 9 seasons and she has always been a huge role model for me. I feel bad for her but I know that she is strong women and will continue to march forward. Not to mention, she is an amazing talent and I hope to see her next month at the Nicholas Sparks charity function in NC.

bigfaketits

She is an actress on the CW hit One Tree Hill, which has actually had a 9 season run. Something very rare for TV shows these days. Sure most of dim-wits probably dont watch the show or know of it, however she does have a HUGE fan base. Sadly all the main female actresses have been married and divorced since the show aired in 2003. Good luck to her in her future endevors.

Kailyn

michael was a weirdo, anyway. i don't know her but i live about 20 minutes away from battle ground (where they reside(d)) and he was a creep. i went to the restaurant when i was passing through (his family owns a restaurant by their last name) and he was there with a couple of boys i assumed were his brothers or cousins. just got weird vibes... so i found it amusing when i saw this post... hope they can work things out for the baby, i doubt she'll want to stay in battle ground, but if she decides to move out to portland that's only 35 minutes away, maybe less.

i don't follow one tree hill but i remember her on guiding light i think it was called and she was great. beautiful lady. best wishes to her and her baby girl...

Laura

lol because moron guys on here dont know who she is, thats her problem? Or she isn't known? Please! I think it's actually really good noone here does know her. Because of tmz fans know her, its more than likely for the wrong reasons. She is one of the main characters in a nine season series. When any of you accomplish that, you let me know who you are. And her writing on her BLOG to her fans who read it is not egotistical. her going to some magazine and giving a interview about it is much different. I love when people who know nothing run their mouth. tsk tsk.

Anna

Blah blah Joy is a weirdo like her creepy fans.

sofia