The Situation

In Rehab at Cirque Lodge

for Rx Pills

3/21/2012 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0321-situation-splash-EXThe Situation is undergoing rehab at the famous Cirque Lodge in Utah for prescription meds, TMZ has learned.

Several sources have told us The Situation is at Cirque for other substance abuse problems ... but as of now, we can only confirm prescription meds.

Our sources say The Situation is walking around Cirque, telling people he's gained weight -- and has made specific diet requests from the chef at the facility, hoping to get back into shape for the 6th Season of "Jersey Shore."

And just to make sure he gets his way -- one source tells us, Sitch is making damn sure everyone remembers how wealthy and famous he is.

We're told this is not the first time The Situation has undergone treatment for substance abuse.

update_bar
1:50 PM PST -- Situation just released a statement ... claiming he has "voluntarily taken steps to get control of a prescription medication problem I had due to exhaustion."

He continues, "I have spent the past several weeks getting treatment for this problem and recuperating from my work and appearance schedule. I appreciate my fans support and love you guys."

0320_mike_sorrentino_situation_footer_2

Bruno

Only speed and coke make you paranoid. Just sayin'

PM

"recuperating from my work" Get a REAL JOB and then talk to me about exhaustion. I love that excuse. Try sitting in a cube for 12 hours a day. I'll party and drink at the shore for his pay. These people are unbelievable!

S

No, this is NOT his first time in rehab because I was his roommate at Recovery First treatment centre in Hollywood Florida in 2007 for one month. His drug of choice back then was Opiates - especially Oxy and Roxycodone - He would crush and inject them. He was arrogant and obnoxious and would tell all of us that he was 100% certain when he left treatment he would never ever use again. Oh, also, he was quick to say he wasn't an addict or alocholic and that he had just had a temporary issue and that he didn't need meetings or any type of treatment after. His Father and Brother came down to visit him and he told me one night he wanted to move to Miami to 'become a model'. I was pretty surprised a couple of years later to turn on the TV and see little Michael Sorrentino as 'The Situation' - trust me, the dude is even more arrogant and obnoxious than he shows on television. Contact me - i can give you a LOT more info - been wondering when this day would come! ha - karma's a bitch Michael Sorrentino

Jodi

"voluntarily taken steps to get control of a prescription medication problem I had due to exhaustion.".....why are people using exhaustion as the reason they're going to rehab? Blame it on any and everything but themselves.

Dude had a problem, was given prescription medication to relieve the pain and instead of taking care of himself he relied on the pain meds to get him through the day and got hooked. We are not stupid.

Kabala

Tanning pills?

parlayer

To bad he didn't go down with Whitney!! worthless!

DucNut

Since when is Coke a prescription drug???? Where can I get a prescription???

Chase

Prescription pills? Soooooo, nowadays it's better for a (non) celeb's image to claim an addiction to "prescription pills" rather than coke??? I mean, let's face it, this guy was (IS) a coke head. If you could ever LOOK at somebody and think "they look like a coke-head" it would be this waste of space. I say, give him a couple 8 balls and film it all. He MIGHT be a little interesting.

palermo

Again with the "exhaustion" bs? Demi, Lindsay, this goofball. They do nothing but are exhausted LOL.

kat

Lame as* excuses by all celeb's, you don't go to rehab for exhaustion. You are drug addict's just say it!!!!!! A retreat is a place for exhaustion or perhaps a psychiatric hospital.

The Dave

At least come up with a believable reason for taking the pills. Like I liked the high and thought I could stop any time. Exhaustion? What a ****ing schmuck.

H.T

Paranoia and sweating is signs of Cocaine abuse, not pain killers people! If he is going to let the public know he has a problem at least tell the whole truth, it does not sound any better saying I am addicted to pills. If your a coke head then say it, its people like this that make it harder for some that need to take pain meds.

Kat

lol RX? BUll****, E, coke, alcohol.

robert

Looks like he's taking one for the team. No pr is bad pr in this case.

sandy

disappear already.. who cares..