« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bo Jackson

I NEVER Played Tecmo Bowl

... But I Know I Was a BEAST!

3/22/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_h046thy2_0_26stu7ry
If you owned a Nintendo ... then you know Bo Jackson was the single GREATEST player in the history of Tecmo Bowl ... but BJ wouldn't know ... 'cause he's NEVER played the game.

Bo just appeared on SportsCenter to discuss his Bo Bikes Bama charity event ... when anchor Robert Flores brought up Jackson's UNSTOPPABLE digital alter-ego from the NES classic.

Side note -- Seriously, Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson was insane ... fast ... couldn't be tackled ... his speed only matched by digital Lawrence Taylor ... just check out the clip below.

Anyway, when asked about the game ... Bo replied, "To be honest with you, I’ve seen a kid play that game once ... I have never played that game."

He continued, "I still have the ‘Tecmo Bowl’ cassette, in a box somewhere in one of my storage places or in the attic. But I’ve never played the game.”

Bo doesn't know ... in fact, Bo has no idea.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rico

I don't know whats saddest. The fact that I remember playing Tecmo Bowl and I remember lighting up Bo Jackson using Ronnie Lott or the fact that I watched the entire TMZ Tecmo Bowl video!!!!

iimE

Bo Jackson was sh#t on Tecmo Bowl! Walter Payton was BEAST!

TRUE STORY.

Joshua

Instant TD

Tim

That's hilarious.I remember playing games like that and there was always one guy in the crowd who could do that crazy sh*t like that with the game.

Lok

No back compared to Christian "The *****ian Nightmare" Okoye on tecmo bowl. No need to juke. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ddO5ENtus

IcanINSTIGATE

For the Record, that video clip was actually of Super Tecmo Bowl, the follow up to the Original Tecmo Bowl.... And LT was a beast in the Original, but not as much so in the 2nd version.

Harvey's Gerbil

Ah yes, Tecmo Bowl Bo, them was the days.

Zeiman

FYI - I am pretty sure it was Tecmo Super Bowl that featured Bo Jackson, as the original Tecmo Bowl did not have players rights/permissions.

AU_Grant

Bo ALWAYS knows!! War Damn Eagle

Keyser Söze

Top 10 best videogames of ALL TIME.

Seriously, if you never played Tecmo Ball, you can't imagine the level of fun you've missed. I love some editions of Madden, but even the bests of them never can close to be as enjoyable... for real.

TheOriginalDonald

That wasn't Bo! That was Barry Sanders running around here there and everywhere in Tecmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gadgetgirl

he was my first adult celebrity crush.

T Dub

Don't forget that you had Marcus Allen in the backfield with Bo in Tecmo. Evil HOF backfield.

adam

No Tecmo Bowl player holds a candle to Walter Payton. Enough said

Justin

Wow that brings back memories, Bo was a beast in that game. There was also a long bomb play that I used to use and score just about every time without fail.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments