Alicia Silverstone

I Feed My Baby ...

By Spitting into His Mouth

3/27/2012 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_alicia_silverstone_Reg
This is how Alicia Silverstone feeds her 10-month-old son -- chewing up food in her mouth ... then spitting it directly into his ... like a bird.

Alicia posted the video on her blog this weekend, claiming it's her "favorite" way to feed her son Bear Blu (that's his name). Alicia adds, "He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I’m eating."

It's unclear why she does this -- there's probably some hippie-dippie explanation about the bacteria in her mouth helping to strengthen her kid's immune system ... or something -- but she never explains why herself.

For the record -- Alicia's a staunch vegan ... and she's raising her son vegan too. Mother knows best?

WTF

that is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a while

Denver

That girl is bat guano nuts!

Genjerleigh

maybe someone should buy her a puree machine or a blender?

Zach

I only saw this once on Amimal Planet.

BB not bb

Being a vegan is one thing but spitting in a kid's mouth is making me grossed out. I feel sorry for that kid. Maybe she should just breast feed him if she wants intimacy. I think this is unecessary, as you can mash food for babies. You are not a bear, or a bird, you are a person and should treat your kid like one.

No one wants someone else's spit in their food. I am pretty sure she is giving that kid alot of germs since adult mouths are filthy and full of gingivitis and other deadly things. I have heard of this from maybe cavemen theories but this doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Kat

Jeez people, get over it. Feeding mouth to mouth is actually where kissing comes from. You still can witness moms feeding their kids this way with indigenous tribes.

jlgrr

Friggin' disgusting and not right!Ewww! Nothing like french kissing ur kid!

Christy

Uh yeah...and this is a kid nobody will want to sit next to in the school cafeteria when he gets older. That is just nasty!!

jimi

why is this has been even being talked about anymore? slow news day?

Laurie

GROSS!!!

Dianne

Gross. What a freak.

baby

who is this again

Chuck

My professional opinion on her is coo coo for coco puffs.

siennagold

With January Jones eating placenta and now Alicia Silverstone spitting food into her son's mouth, I don't know which is grosser. Who's the Next icky celeb? ;)

Joan K

Geez, TMZ there are some things the public doesn't need to know, must be a slow day, yuck.