Bobby Brown

I'm Not Saying

I Wasn't Drinking ...

3/28/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0327_bobby_brown_BN_01
Bobby Brown's legal team has finally released a statement regarding the singer's DUI arrest this week ... and it's obvious ... they don't feel comfortable saying he wasn't drinking before he got behind the wheel.

TMZ broke the story ... Brown was pulled over Monday afternoon in L.A. for allegedly talking on his cell phone while driving ... and during the stop, cops say they noticed Brown was drunk ... so they popped him for DUI.

Now, Brown's lawyer Tiffany Feder has released a statement saying ... “Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and Mr. Brown was not driving erratically.  He was speaking on his cell phone. Mr. Brown has not been convicted of anything associated with this incident."

She adds, "Mr. Brown is taking this matter seriously and an investigation is underway. The legal process shall run its course."

What's  interesting ... although the lawyer is quick to say Bobby wasn't driving erratically, she doesn't say he wasn't drunk.

Bobby was released from jail on his own recognizance hours after the arrest -- he has yet to be charged with a crime.

pimpc

that's his prerogative!

Ann

He is a pitiful thug. Can't even sing anymore either. What a loser!

Jay W.

He looks like the old timers you see at Hollywood Park.

Val

"everyone is innocent until PROVEN guilty"? You mean if I kill someone and I do a really good job of hiding the body and all the evidence so that nobody can prove my guilt, that makes me innocent of the crime I committed??? Wow!! That's a crock, because if you commit a crime....you are GUILTY whether it is able to be proven or not. The PRESUMPTION of innocence should only be assumed when there is no evidence whatsoever to support a claim of guilt. When someone is pulled from the driver's seat smelling like a brewery and their blood level indicates that they are over the limit there is ZERO PRESUMPTION of any innocence so let's stop this nonsense already. Not everyone deserves to be treated like an innocent person until a courtroom gavel comes down with a guilty verdict. I am tired of the laws always being in favor of the criminals. Drunks on the road are killing innocent people every day and WE MUST START CLAMPING DOWN HARD ON THEM!!!!! This is just a serious as having a loaded gun and firing it in the air in a crowd of people. The prison term should be very harsh for this crime. My husband's grandparents were killed by a drunk driver and 3 other young people were killed in the drunk's car, but the drunk survived. No doubt he did only about 3-4 years for his crime. This was 25 years ago. Yes, let's just "presume" that Bobby is "innocent". Yeah, right.

John portola

Poor Bobby not only does he get arrested he also has to hire his neighbor as his lawyer. Ms Tiffany Feder is an incompetent second year lawyer with experience only in kissing celebrity butts including one Lindsay Lohan for a brief second. Wake Up Bobby and get a real lawyer before this one ruins your life.

ME

Dont LUUK At Me...Im HIDDEUSSS!

Truth

OH SH*T, HIS LAST JAIL STINT WAS NOT GEORGIA BUT FLORIDA IN 2000. THEY SAY HE SPENT SOME 26 DAYS IN THE CLINKER FOR PREVIOUS DRIVING PROBATIONS. YEP, THAT WILL BE ON HIS RECORD FOR THE JUDGE'S VIEWING. BOBBY COULD FACE 2 MOS IN MAXIMUM SECURITY THIS TIME AROUND. HOPE HE CAN TURN GAY REAL QUICK IN JAIL. HE'S GONNA NEED IT TO STAY ALIVE. #TRUTH!!

Sandra Cooley

Bobby,

I am a fan of you and the New Edition. This is my first comment on this Site. I've been reading about all of the 'drama' between you and the Houston family, and I just want to tell you that there will always be 'haters' (people trying to 'pull you down').

Just know that not everyone feels this way about you. Be strong.... for yourself, your family, and your daughter, Bobbi Kristina. Many people care about you. You are a good talented person, and I, along with two of my brothers, WILL be on attendance to your Concert, when it comes through South Carolina. I have my tickets..(smile)

I'm sure that I will get 'bashed' too, from people commenting on this site, but I will hold my head up and go on, just like you should do too. Hope that you get to read this comment from me. Just know that there are people who still enjoy your music and talent. Focus on the future now, and think positive. All will work out.

From a fan of the New Edition and Bobby Brown.

Sandra

Vicky

#22 - Why do you hate on Ms. Feder and say such things? She helped me out of a major jam and to me, was a life-saver and very competent in fact. I am sure Bobby, with his oodles of money, would not hire an "incompetent" lawyer. Pretty sure I read he was out of jail in less than 30 minutes, 100% thanks to her.

John portola

oodles of money?? Are you serious?? Bobby brown is dead broke living in Reseda where he got arrested. I guarantee he isn't paying a dime to the incompetent newbie.

John portola

oodles of money??? Are you serious?? Bobby brown is dead broke and I guarantee isn't paying the newbie a dime.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2