Christie Brinkley's Ex:

'Today' Show Cryfest Was

Cunning and Shameless

3/28/2012 6:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0328-peter-cook-christie-brinkley-getty-BN
Christie Brinkley's ex-husband claims the supermodel's teary appearance on "Today" was nothing more than a "cunning and shameless" attempt to "garner public sympathy by "dishonest means."

Peter Cook released a statement ... BLASTING Brinkley's interview with Matt Lauer ... saying, “Christie was entirely dishonest about the circumstances surrounding the current court action which was precipitated by her and ... is doing further damage to our children."

In case you missed the "Today" show interview yesterday, an emotional Brinkley claimed Cook has been on a mission to destroy her life since they broke up.

Cook is clearly unhappy ... his statement continues, "I am also shocked by the blatant lies she told regarding our divorce proceedings of four years ago, including denying the indisputable fact that she fought for an open courtroom despite the warnings it would harm our children.”

"[Brinkley] will stop at nothing to continue the drama in our lives in order to harass me and keep herself relevant in the media."

Cook also claims Brinkley is simply still bitter from when he cheated on her with an 18-year-old woman during their marriage ... saying, "Clearly, Christie does not believe I was punished enough four years ago for my indiscretions in our marriage, but for the sake of our children I wish she would find a way to move on.”

Tammy

I'm with Cook on this one. Matt had the right to ask the questions, but she didn't have to answer. She's clearly still bitter and took the opportunity to bash her ex, which I agree is not good for their children. Of course, she'd have to care more about her children than she does about bashing her ex and it seems that's not the case. Sad.

quezcotl

I love how everyone blame Peter Cook, morons.
He fathered her children, be thankful woman.
Just because he lived on your money and cheated on you while doing so doesnt make him less of a dad.
Put your hand on the heart "TMZ'ers" who hasnt cheated on his spouse atleast once? thought so, damn hypocrites.
Im a father myself of 2 daughters, and im in my 20's, yes I think cheating is very wrong and isnt christian or morally, however, in our sadness when we needed our wife the most, for ex when we needed sex/encourgement, women usually doesnt give the man sex, which was a gift from God.
In fact, sex is the beacon for love, to make us men wanna sleep with our wife.
This is, in some parts, also Christies fault, where was she when he needed her the most (for sex). She made him into a sinner, a man in panic who had to turn to another woman. Like myself, I never wanted to cheat on my woman (and I only done it once) but it once shows again how egoistical women can be about not giving the gift from God, manly the woman body to the man.
ps! im against cheating, a marriage is a sacred thing, but when your woman isnt giving you her tits, what else are we supposed to do? I've 2 daughters, and im 25, and I dont want them to be cheated on, but their mom need to put out or else I will in desperation f' whatever I can find.

äåö

Dr Hardwicke

GENTLEMEN:
Please be advised by a Divorce Attorney.
When that little angel of yours gets you into court you will never win. And the outcome only depends on how bad she want to hurt you. As a male You Have Almost No Rights and that is a FACT.

Dr Hardwicke

Like my dad told me many years ago "When you get into an argument with a woman if you LOSE you LOSE.
And if you WIN you LOSE.
Sounds about right to me.

Dennis Johnson

I know people who have worked with Christie for years and they say she is very hard to work with as everything is about her.If she does not like you she will go out of her way to get you fired.Christie is a real trip.

sketchgirl

I find the court(the judge) should order them not to discuss their relationship/case in public as there are minors involved and that is way too destructive to them: the judge should protect the children... And order them both to mandatory therapy with a therapist appointed by the court. Voila!

Sandra

Can't stand this plastic and phoney woman!! Her crying episode was a very poor acting job!! She cares only for herself and not her kids!! However, I suggest her ex is no prize either!!

Luz

Peter, YOU were the one who's at fault. It's up to you to say "I'm sorry" in a heart to heart conversation, not only with your ex-wife who trusted you, but with your children as well. Start paying your child support, think about your children, be a man and stop being a jerk! Stop slandering and slamming the woman that you went to bed with, and gave you two children! Learn to be a gentleman!

Sienna

Are you joking!? Matt couldn't shut her up. She clearly went on with an agenda and it wasn't to talk about chicago. She could have easily said it was off limits but she was chomping at the bit. The woman has married four times and every time she's the victim? I'm not buying it. She did fight for an open court room but she lied about it on national television "Christie wins bid to make divorce public 6/21/08". Why would a mother do that if not looking for public attention and sympathy. This is not a mother who cares about her kids. Peter is whatever but he makes a good point. The only time we hear about Christie anymore is when she's stirring things up with her ex. I definitely agree the woman is looking for attention. And looks like she's stirred the pot one time too many. He sounds mad. And if she thinks 600 a month is so minimal why is she suing him for it and making all this public again?. Stir, stir, stir.

Genjerleigh

Christy's crying on the Today show majorly looked fake. And she has no proof of anything aside from the fact he may or may not owe child support. I'm not saying her ex is an angel but I don't trust her account of things either

ViableV

So just because she was a model and married to Billy Joel means that the general public should be interested in her bu.ll.sh.i.t and should side with her in her personal drama?
Guess again b.i.t.c.h, keep your s.h.i.t to yourself and think about your kids first, not yourself!

TJ

They are BOTH narcissist!!! Most people in the public eye are.
I don't think people should criticize her looks.She looks good for her age.We ALL get old & lose our looks.We just don't have the benefits of plastic surgery like Christie, Kris Jenner & Kim Kardashian etc. Wealth brings great privilege,even if it is ill gotten.

summer

Aw...Peter Cook cares so much about his kids..that he dates someone almost their age...Give me a break. His only 15 minutes of fame are up. Who ever heard of him before he married Christy...Creepy farty man

Luz

@Tammy
---------------
I think she really cares about her children, but I sense she's still deeply hurt by his ex's actions. As I agree that's hurt her and the children for sure, I think they should all seek family therapy seeking the well being of everyone involved. People have to learn to take marriage vows with the respect it deserves. It is very hard to take when you just had a happy supper time with your husband, and the next day he looks at your face and tell you he's seen someone else! Brinkley has the right to sue her exhusband and girlfriend for millions of dollars, due to emotional allienation. Among other things.

nicaw

I didn't watch the interview but I am sure Christie Brinkley is still bitter about her divorce and his infidelity which was the reason for the divorce in the first place. He talks about her concern for the kids. He didn't consider their thoughts when he cheated on their mother with an 18 year old.

My recommendation: counseling for everyone