Larry Miller

'Nutty Professor' Actor

Hospitalized for Head Injury

4/4/2012 11:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Larry Miller who has starred in a TON of hit movies
Larry Miller -- who's starred in a TON of hit movies including "Nutty Professor" and "10 Things I Hate About You" -- is currently in the ICU at an L.A. hospital after suffering a freak injury to his head.

Miller's rep tells TMZ ... the 58-year-old actor was having a beer at an L.A. bar Tuesday after taping Adam Carolla's daily podcast show ... when he went outside to take a phone call.

On his way back into the bar, Miller lost his footing and fell backwards ... smacking the back of his head on the hard floor.

People at the scene rushed to his aid and called 911. Miller was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was treated in the E.R. before being transferred to the intensive care unit.

We're told ... doctors have told Miller's family the actor is expected to make a full recovery, but they want to keep him in the ICU for a couple of days for observation.

Miller's resume is damn impressive ... he's appeared in "Pretty Woman" ... "Princess Diaries" ... "Necessary Roughness" ... "Curb Your Enthusiasm" ... "Boston Legal" ... and a whole lot more.

sharonmaclean

I remember him from Seinfeld as the Doorman . and he was supposed to open up for jerry seinfeld in sydney nova scotia canada and he wasn a no show someone else opened for him . but i hope he has a full recovery i liked him on many shows

Weez

Best wishes to Larry and his family. I listen to his podcast on ACE (Adam Corrola). Larry comes across as sweet and tells wonderful stories. I hope this turns out well for all

SAM

I saw him in pretty woman last night...

voiceofreason

He always plays an *******! I do hope he recovers. Maybe the hit on the head will change his personality and he won't take roles playing a tool!

Hutch

great comedian & good guy,heard him on the Adam Carolla podcast just before his accident,he was funny as usual,I hope he has a speedy recovery.

remy

so he's no longer a doorman?

Kyle

Too bad that this trip wasn't hypothetical. Get well soon Larry!

Lucy Mouse Head

Lost his footing?! Hilarious. And the situation was really exhausted so he had to go to rehab.And Tila Tequila has fans.And what a surprise that Whitney Houston was a crackhead.

Gman

When you listen to him on Adam Corolla or on his own podcast on Adam's network, it's very clear that you can't fake that level of... decency. He just comes across as a nice guy. I mean, who would lose as often as he does on the Hypothetical Road Trip come back time after time after time. All the best to you, Larry.

rico

Which stage of drinking was that, Larry? But in all seriousness, get better soon. We're all hoping for a quick recovery because you are a great guy and a hilarious comedian.

Betray

Anyone know which bar? ... I met Larry when I used to bartend. I asked him to autograph my copy of his book "Spoiled Rotten America" and he was so genuinely pleased that i brought it with me. Very nice man. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Bob

Love you Lrrry Miller.
Speedy recovery Larry.

Tricia

I have been hearing he died from these injuries .... any truth to that?

Delos

You should do a follow-up. He's been in UCLA - brain surgery. Definitely not what the PR people said.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3