Melissa Etheridge

Tammy Burned Our Kid

With a Cigarette

4/10/2012 11:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0410_melissa_etheridge_01
Melissa Etheridge has just filed legal docs, claiming her former domestic partner, Tammy Lynn Michaels, accidentally burned one of their kids with a cigarette.

Melissa, who is in an epic battle with Tammy, wants the judge to order both her and Tammy to go smoke-free around their twins ... to prevent any cigarette-related accidents from happening in the future.

In the docs, Melissa also claims Tammy has accused her of having no maternal instinct and therefore is against striking a 50/50 joint custody deal. Melissa says Tammy is adamant ... she did not give birth to the children to give them away.

Melissa calls Tammy "angry and vindictive."

And highlighting yet ANOTHER display of nastiness, Melissa says Tammy once sent her an email saying, "You have to support so many households because YOU BROKE SO MANY HOUSEHOLDS, silly.  If you had decided to have one ounce of integrity/honesty as a person or partner, you would NOT be in this predicament. Think about it."

In her docs, Melissa attached an email she claims Tammy sent her way ... which says, "They aren't leaving my care while you are on the road -- a completely inappropriate place for 3-year-olds -- not to mention you can't track them, have no child care, and they were bit by dogs in the house last time you had them."

Melissa is asking a judge for more time with the kids. A hearing is set for May 22.

Brian

Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned.

CriticXtreme

These un-unions happen in Hollyweird when you become fat, uglier and unpopular.

CriticXtreme

..oh and "accidently" burning a kid with a cigarette is just like "accidently" shooting one. This is like a Hollyweird faux Fredian slip.

Geeg

People shouldn't smoke around their kids anyway. It's abusive, imo. I quit smoking when I got pregnant. I decided that my child deserved better. One of my top ten best decisions in life.

Telma

Melissa is such a bastard!

MP

I think both Melissa's and Tammy's behavior is disgusting. They need to be mature and learn to effectively co-parent for the sake of their children they brought into this world...together. What a shame for the kids.

palermo

If these two idiots aren't careful, all their "telling of secrets" is going to end up with both of them losing custody. The kids were burned and bitten by dogs? Call CPS!

Tesla_Consulting

I don't know why people don't want let homosexuals marry. Looks normal to me.

JulesinSD

“If you had decided to have one ounce of integrity/honesty as a person or partner, you would NOT be in this predicament.”

If either of these women had an ounce of integrity, they would have left the poor innocent children have a father, a real father to help raise them. Instead, they did what homosexual like to do, behave like selfish perverts who ruined kids lives so THEY could have the experience of parenthood, which NEITHER had any business doin!

Marvin

Pay like a Man would have too.lol

Stacy

I would just say, you are right Melissa we were never married. And these kids I GAVE BIRTH TO are mine, you will never see them again. bye bye

John Felix Koziol

I like Melissa Etheridge's music but I do NOT in ANY way, shape, or form condone her sexual preference!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4